PDA mounts

Old May 19th 04, 07:24 PM
Bruce Greeff

Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

I have many articulated arm and goosenecks available on my RAM web page at:
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/ram.htm

Good Soaring,

Which I can recommend - the RAM articulated arm unit holds my old (heavy) LX20
perfectly, even on those rough grass landings.

Paul Remde

"Ian Strachan" wrote in message
news
In article , Jim Hendrix
writes

I've used the CAI 400 display for a few years. It came with an

articulated

mount (two gimble balls) that I attached to an instrument-hole blank.

The

motion of the mount, when punching the screen, was agrivating, so I

canned

the gimbled arm in favor of three long brass screws with nylon standoffs.
Now it's rigidly fixed to the panel and much less of a distraction.

Conversely my glider mount is rigid and sometimes I cannot see the LCD
well, particularly in bright sunlight (yes, we do occasionally get this
in the UK!). So at the end of this season my syndicate are thinking of
fitting a mount on a ball-joint. The joint will have to be capable of
being pretty well locked, though, to prevent the effect you mention.

In gliders flown by more than one pilot, I am not sure that a fixed
mount is the best solution.

--
Ian Strachan

Bentworth Hall West
Tel: +44 1420 564 195 Bentworth, Alton
Fax: +44 1420 563 140 Hampshire GU34 5LA, ENGLAND

AvMap rail mounts Hankal Instrument Flight Rules 0 June 10th 04 01:25 AM
Cowl mounts Javier Henderson Owning 0 March 4th 04 04:18 PM
iPaq wiring, cradles and mounts for gliders - Ideas?? Jim Kelly Soaring 12 December 4th 03 11:45 PM
Commercial - New PDA mounts from RAM Paul Remde Soaring 0 September 11th 03 06:27 AM
KitPlanes - Home Page by Ron Wanttaja RobertR237 Home Built 40 August 12th 03 10:17 PM