Interior Upgrade Shop in NorCal?

Old March 23rd 05, 06:43 AM
Chris Quaintance

Default Interior Upgrade Shop in NorCal?

Hi Folks-

I'm looking for recommendations of a shop in northern California for an
interior upgrade of a 182P. The airplane is based at RHV in San Jose,
but anyplace within a couple of hours would be ok.

Thanks muchly!
--Chris

Old March 23rd 05, 10:38 AM
nuke

In article .com,
"Chris Quaintance" wrote:

Hi Folks-

I'm looking for recommendations of a shop in northern California for an
interior upgrade of a 182P. The airplane is based at RHV in San Jose,
but anyplace within a couple of hours would be ok.

Thanks muchly!
--Chris

Try Buchanan at CCR. Not cheap, but do good work.
Old March 23rd 05, 05:45 PM
Javier Henderson

"Chris Quaintance" writes:

Hi Folks-

I'm looking for recommendations of a shop in northern California for an
interior upgrade of a 182P. The airplane is based at RHV in San Jose,
but anyplace within a couple of hours would be ok.

2.25 hours south (ok, so a bit outside the territory you specified) is
the shop at CCB, Aircraft Interiors by Sil. I saw a couple of planes he
worked on, they looked great. I was quoted $5K to redo the interior in
my 1973 182P a year or so ago. I intend to go there when the time comes.

-jav
Old March 24th 05, 02:08 AM
John Clear

In article ,
nuke wrote:
In article .com,
"Chris Quaintance" wrote:

I'm looking for recommendations of a shop in northern California for an
interior upgrade of a 182P. The airplane is based at RHV in San Jose,
but anyplace within a couple of hours would be ok.

Try Buchanan at CCR. Not cheap, but do good work.

They did one of the club planes, and the interior looks great, but
either the owner or they skimped on the foam for the seats, so
there are ratty old pillows in the plane so you dont have to sit
on the seat frames. Since it is a club plane, I don't know where
the blame lies. Except for the foam for the seats, the workmanship
is very good.

If you are going through the hassle of getting your seats re-covered,
I'd spend the extra money for new/good foam.

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

Old March 25th 05, 12:45 AM
Chris Quaintance

Thanks for the replies, folks. I'll check these two out!

--Chris

Old March 27th 05, 05:27 AM
Stephen Roberts

On 2005-03-22 22:43:43 -0800, "Chris Quaintance" said:

Hi Folks-

I'm looking for recommendations of a shop in northern California for an
interior upgrade of a 182P. The airplane is based at RHV in San Jose,
but anyplace within a couple of hours would be ok.

Thanks muchly!
--Chris

I strongly recommend Jeff Belardi at Belardi Interiors in Watsonville.
He did my Cherokee 235. did a great job and was a pleasure to work
with.

If you want to see some before/after pictures, email me.

Steve