autogas to 100ll

Old January 26th 04, 04:54 PM
Ron Natalie

"Tony Woolner" wrote in message ...
I am looking at a plane that runs on autogas. I can't use autogas at my
airport. Can you convert a plane back to just flying on 100 ll. He says
he flys it on 100 ll also.

There's no conversion to be done. The autogas STC's allow you to
run either autogas or the appropriate grade aviation fuels. The only
problem was the added lead in 100LL (which is "low lead" only compared
to the old 100/130 fuel it replaced, it's got four times the lead 80/87 had).
Of course, you had the lead problem running 100LL before applying the
STC.

With little exception, the STC is just paperwork. It indicates the STC
holder has determined that the auto fuel is of sufficient octane and that
the fuel system is not susceptible to problems like vapor lock with the
auto fuel.

Old January 26th 04, 05:03 PM
Newps

Tony Woolner wrote:

I am looking at a plane that runs on autogas. I can't use autogas at my
airport.

Why not?

Can you convert a plane back to just flying on 100 ll. He says
he flys it on 100 ll also.

There's no conversion necessary, you can use either/both at any time.

Old January 26th 04, 05:19 PM
Jim Weir

Why not? If it is because the airport authority or the airport manager forbids
it, you'd best be at a completely private airstrip or one that doesn't have a
dime of Federal or State money in it.

Jim

Tony Woolner

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old January 26th 04, 06:37 PM
Jim Weir

Read it again, Gene. That's what I was telling him. If there is a dime of Fed
or State money in that airport, he CANNOT be prohibited from fueling his own
aircraft.

Jim

Gene Kearns

-On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:19:11 -0800, Jim Weir wrote:
-
-Why not? If it is because the airport authority or the airport manager
forbids
-it, you'd best be at a completely private airstrip or one that doesn't have a
-dime of Federal or State money in it.
-
-Jim
-
-
-Illogical. The fact that any airport *does* receive Federal money
-binds them to FAR 150 and specifically forbids granting exclusive
-aeronautical rights (i.e., refueling) under penalty of losing the
-Federal dole.

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old January 27th 04, 04:49 AM
Tony Woolner

Default autogas to 100ll

I am looking at a plane that runs on autogas. I can't use autogas at my
airport. Can you convert a plane back to just flying on 100 ll. He says
he flys it on 100 ll also.
Thanks in advance!