Do you tip your A&P?

Old March 20th 05, 01:15 PM
Michael Horowitz

Default Do you tip your A&P?

I imagine circumstances dictate this to some degree, but if your A&P
does some work for you, do you tip him? Percentage? - Mike
Old March 20th 05, 01:42 PM
Denny

Nope... His work is a business deal, not a waitress working for $2 an
hour plus tips... If he needs more money you will be charged
accordingly...
denny

Old March 20th 05, 03:05 PM
Carl Ellis

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:15:23 -0500, Michael Horowitz wrote:

I imagine circumstances dictate this to some degree, but if your A&P
does some work for you, do you tip him? Percentage? - Mike

Not when I'm charged $60 per hour.

- Carl -
Old March 20th 05, 05:28 PM
Bob Noel

In article ,
Michael Horowitz wrote:

I imagine circumstances dictate this to some degree, but if your A&P
does some work for you, do you tip him? Percentage? - Mike

not if he charges for the work performed.

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like
Old March 20th 05, 05:33 PM
Peter R.

Michael Horowitz wrote:

I imagine circumstances dictate this to some degree, but if your A&P
does some work for you, do you tip him? Percentage? - Mike

Not a tip per se, but I gave both of my mechanics money for a
end-of-year/Christmas gift.

In my case, the mechanics are not self-employed, but rather employees of a
large company. Thus, they are only paid a salary for the work they do on
my aircraft. The gift is my small way of thanking them for a year's worth
of honest business and good work.

--
Peter

Old March 20th 05, 05:58 PM
Blanche

I agree, they are being paid for knowledge and effort. I don't tip
my physician or lawyer or car mechanic because I'm being billed for
services rendered.

However, I do bring krispy kreme or brownies every once in a while.
Makes everyone in the shop happier. And they're more likely to
talk to me immediately when I come in with a problem. The actual
work may not be scheduled for a while but it's never "I'm busy
let's talk about this in 10 days..."

Old March 20th 05, 06:07 PM
RST Engineering

Everybody should empty out their savings account and tip their A&P to the
max.

Jim
A&P, IA

Old March 20th 05, 06:22 PM
Matt Barrow

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
Everybody should empty out their savings account and tip their A&P to the
max.

Or, as Blanche says, "Bring Krispy Kremes".

It just depends on your level of desperation.

Old March 20th 05, 07:19 PM
Juan Jimenez

No, but when you find someone who goes out of his way to do his job
honestly, correctly and accurately on a regular basis, you should reward
that person's attitude with something extra to demonstrate you appreciate
the extra effort. In my case, I ocassionally show up at the shop at closing
time with a case of very cold beer and some good food, bring a toy for one
of the kids, etc. And this doesn't just apply to A&P's.

Old March 20th 05, 07:24 PM
Bob Fry

Michael Horowitz writes:

if your A&P