Slammings

Old October 4th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_2_]

Default Slammings

....are continuing. The plane that crashed into the apartment complex
in Calif. with one civilian killed. And, possibly, a private jet
slamming into a commercial airliner in Brazil.

In AOPA news, one of the Destroyers acolytes demands that professional,
military pilots have proper "training" to intercept hapless GA pilots
who fly into the ADIZ zone. Professional, military pilots need more
training, when you can get a private license in 40 hrs, and one of the
sport licenses in 20, at least according to AOPA and EAA. Hysterical!

The Onion can't do better.

Oh well, at least the huge subsidies to GA are coming under scrutiny.
The new FAA administrator seems to be philosophically in tune with the
user pays concept, and privatization.

Old October 4th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Skylune wrote:
Professional, military pilots need more training, when you can get a
private license in 40 hrs, and one of the sport licenses in 20, at
least according to AOPA and EAA. Hysterical!

Come on Loon - I thought you'd have picked up a little more knowledge
on this subject as you're been haunting RAP for so long... But you've
lost yourself in your anti-GA/Boyer/AOPA rant. Sad.

I'd certainly hope a military pilot flying a Mach 2 jet fighter or
large transport would need more training than that of a private pilot
in a 120kt bugsmasher. The training requirement is proportional to the
aircraft's performance.

Any insights on that attempted slamming of a C-5 at Dover a few months
back? Coulda made quite a mess - certainly more than a 172, don't you
think? And those were military pilots..

Old October 4th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_2_]

Kingfish wrote:
Skylune wrote:
Professional, military pilots need more training, when you can get a
private license in 40 hrs, and one of the sport licenses in 20, at
least according to AOPA and EAA. Hysterical!

Come on Loon - I thought you'd have picked up a little more knowledge
on this subject as you're been haunting RAP for so long... But you've
lost yourself in your anti-GA/Boyer/AOPA rant. Sad.

I'd certainly hope a military pilot flying a Mach 2 jet fighter or
large transport would need more training than that of a private pilot
in a 120kt bugsmasher. The training requirement is proportional to the
aircraft's performance.

Any insights on that attempted slamming of a C-5 at Dover a few months
back? Coulda made quite a mess - certainly more than a 172, don't you
think? And those were military pilots..

Sorry, I find it hysterical that AOPA calls for more training of
professional pilots.... while at the same time telling everyone they
should take to the air, that it is easy, cheap, and a convenient form
of transportation. It is hysterical!

Old October 4th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_2_]

Kingfish wrote:
Skylune wrote:
Professional, military pilots need more training, when you can get a
private license in 40 hrs, and one of the sport licenses in 20, at
least according to AOPA and EAA. Hysterical!

Come on Loon - I thought you'd have picked up a little more knowledge
on this subject as you're been haunting RAP for so long... But you've
lost yourself in your anti-GA/Boyer/AOPA rant. Sad.

I'd certainly hope a military pilot flying a Mach 2 jet fighter or
large transport would need more training than that of a private pilot
in a 120kt bugsmasher. The training requirement is proportional to the
aircraft's performance.

Any insights on that attempted slamming of a C-5 at Dover a few months
back? Coulda made quite a mess - certainly more than a 172, don't you
think? And those were military pilots..

Re-reading your post, shows that you have completely missed the point.
The kool aid is strong. Sad.

Old October 4th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...3-121015-2641r

http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/local_...255120049.html

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old October 5th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Skylune wrote:
Re-reading your post, shows that you have completely missed the point.
The kool aid is strong. Sad.

Kool Aid indeed. Sadder still is an aviation-ignorant non-flyer who
continually posts nonsense on an aviation forum inhabited by pilots
(mostly) and has little valid information to share, but an axe to grind
nonetheless... (My mind's made up - don't confuse me with the facts)

Reference Capt Thorpe's link to the automotive home-slamming. Those
Hondas are dangerous, and their operators should have more training.

Old October 5th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_2_]

http://www.topix.net/content/ap/1544...H39OJJK5JTTPCF

Old October 5th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_1_]

"Skylune" wrote in message
ups.com...

www.amishrakefight.com/gfy

Old October 5th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_1_]

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"Skylune" wrote in message
ups.com...

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...3-121015-2641r

http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/local_...255120049.html

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

http://www.topix.net/content/ap/1544...H39OJJK5JTTPCF

www.amishrakefight.com/gfy

sorry, that should be

www.amishrakefight.org/gfy

Old October 5th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_2_]

Steve Foley wrote:
"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"Skylune" wrote in message