A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

NEW - Falbaum "Pseudo-Stud" Glider Trailer Wheel Tool

Old January 21st 19, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default NEW - Falbaum "Pseudo-Stud" Glider Trailer Wheel Tool

As with others, such as Udo Rumpf (remember Udo?*) and Hartley, I've invented a few things for gliders. If it's soaring related, you know going in it's the very definition of narrow market segment. If your invention is wildly successful, return will still be more allowance than income. For this market, it has to be about sharing ideas and a passion for soaring.

Oh, and about increasing everyone's L/D by 2 points - guaranteed! :c)

*Before Udo passed, he gave me an idea for a small glider accessory to compliment a part I'd sold him. He made a prototype for his glider that worked well. Unfortunately I never found time to develop it, so gave it to Wings & Wheels as part their acquisition of the Smooth Ramp Slider. Hopefully Sean will be able bring it to fruition once they get settled in at their new Eagle, Idaho location.

bumper

Old January 21st 19, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland
external usenet poster

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 10:27:40 PM UTC-5, bumper wrote:
As with others, such as Udo Rumpf (remember Udo?*) and Hartley, I've invented a few things for gliders. If it's soaring related, you know going in it's the very definition of narrow market segment. If your invention is wildly successful, return will still be more allowance than income. For this market, it has to be about sharing ideas and a passion for soaring.

*Before Udo passed, he gave me an idea for a small glider accessory to compliment a part I'd sold him. He made a prototype for his glider that worked well. Unfortunately I never found time to develop it, so gave it to Wings & Wheels as part their acquisition of the Smooth Ramp Slider. Hopefully Sean will be able bring it to fruition once they get settled in at their new Eagle, Idaho location.

bumper

I hate to think how many great ideas never made it... So, they sit in someone's head and the rest of us do not get the benefit.

No one is going to make a ton of money in this sport. It's more a fun hobby.. When I see 125,000 invitational open for first place at a National contest, then you have changed the game. And that takes sponsors.

The only way is to get this sport into the Olympics. And the GPS tracking is the way to go. Look at Americas Cup in sailing. It started years ago. I would watch that for hours and was as exciting as being on the water with them.

And the motto in Soaring should be changed from, "Keep Looking Up", to "Soar and Save the Planet"

Old January 21st 19, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

Didn't they have soaring in the Olympics several years back?Â* Oops, just
looked it up.Â* It was in the 1936 Olympics and it was only a
demonstration, not a competition.

On 1/20/2019 8:55 PM, Gary Wayland wrote:
On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 10:27:40 PM UTC-5, bumper wrote:

bumper

I hate to think how many great ideas never made it... So, they sit in someone's head and the rest of us do not get the benefit.

No one is going to make a ton of money in this sport. It's more a fun hobby. When I see 125,000 invitational open for first place at a National contest, then you have changed the game. And that takes sponsors.

The only way is to get this sport into the Olympics. And the GPS tracking is the way to go. Look at Americas Cup in sailing. It started years ago. I would watch that for hours and was as exciting as being on the water with them.

And the motto in Soaring should be changed from, "Keep Looking Up", to "Soar and Save the Planet"

--
Dan, 5J