Lightspeed Battery Box Warning

Old July 9th 03, 08:02 PM
Russell Kent

Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:

"Is it important to purchase only a TSO'd headset? What does TSO really
mean? Do pilots find that TSO'd headsets are more reliable than
non-TSO'd headsets?" not by making a buttload of assertions including
a total fabrication about battery boxes bursting into flame.

The latter will get you a faster response for sure, but evidently
not of the kind you find enjoyable.

How can someone who asserts he's been on USENET for more than a decade
not know this? Beats me.

"The two most common things in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity."
(Apologies; I forget whom I'm quoting. --Russell Kent)

Old July 9th 03, 08:11 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Peter Duniho" said:
"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
Actually, Microsoft actively encouraged HTML posting in the microsoft.*
newsgroups

I don't know what you mean by "actively encouraged". However, even if true,

I mean that they put it specifically into the FAQs, charters and other
supporting documentation that it was encouraged.

I fail to see what HTML posting has to do with the current topic, which is
top posting.

HTML posting and top posting are both symptoms of using inferior (ie
Windows) pseudo-newsreaders like Outhouse. When you find one, you usually
find the other.

--
Paul Tomblin , not speaking for anybody
A male pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's flying,
Old July 9th 03, 08:19 PM
Ron Natalie

"Russell Kent" wrote in message ...

How can someone who asserts he's been on USENET for more than a decade
not know this? Beats me.

"The two most common things in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity."
(Apologies; I forget whom I'm quoting. --Russell Kent)

Einstein (supposedly).

Actually, the more accepted version of the quote is:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.

Old July 9th 03, 08:55 PM
Dan Luke

"SteveH" wrote:
FYI - top posting is the current norm in many Usenet groups,

Lots of people spit their gum on the sidewalk, too.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old July 9th 03, 09:25 PM
Russell Kent

Ron Natalie wrote:

Einstein (supposedly).

Actually, the more accepted version of the quote is:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.

Hmmm. A quick Google seems to indicate that I'm quoting Harlan Ellison. It appears
that his phrase may have been inspired by Einstein's.

Russell Kent

Old July 9th 03, 10:09 PM
Ron Natalie

"Russell Kent" wrote in message ...

Hmmm. A quick Google seems to indicate that I'm quoting Harlan Ellison. It appears
that his phrase may have been inspired by Einstein's.

Wouldn't surprise me. Ellison's not big on original thought.

Old July 9th 03, 10:11 PM
SteveH

Where precisly did I lie about my online experience? You assume, because for
some strange reason you abhore the readiblity of a continuous block of text
and prefer to find and reassemble brief fragments interspersed within the
replied-to message's text in an attempt to come up with a cohesive premise
and discussion, that anyone who top-posts simply MUST be an online/Internet
newby. I assure you that is not the case. Complete paragraphs, with an
opening sentence, discussion, and closing, is far preferable to snipits of
phrase and isolated sentences. Some would argue that the ability to review
a conversation thread by simply scrolling and seeing each message in its
entirety in reverse order far outways the cost few microseconds of broadband
transfer time - the idea that top-posting is an evil came about to save
bytes in the days when 2400 baud modems were considered high speed data
transfers and it should be relegated to the same museum where you find the
hardware that gave rise to it.

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Steve House"

said:
Right - the accusation that I'm an idiot is "demonstrating expertise"

Just

Jim never called you an idiot. I don't think anybody did until now. But
*now* I'm going to to call you an idiot, because you obviously are one.

human interaction are somehow suspended. I'm an old hand at the Net and
Usenet, having used it daily since about 1980. I'm also a very new

student

Bull****. Nobody who was using Usenet in 1980 does TOFU posting. Up
until the never ending September of 1993, anybody who didn't learn to trim
their quoted text would have been hounded off of any reasonable newsgroup.

correction where it was in error. I suppose we egg's should just sit
silently in rapturous awe at the feet of the Masters. Thanks for making

me

No, people who make wrong statements should take correction without
accusing the person making the corrections of being arrogant.

feel so very welcome to the group.

You're not welcome to the group. People who can accept correction are.
So are people who don't lie about their qualifications.

--
Paul Tomblin , not speaking for anybody
There is no substitute for good manners, except, perhaps, fast reflexes.

Old July 9th 03, 10:19 PM
Ron Natalie

"SteveH" wrote in message ...
I assure you that is not the case.

No, you're just an insensitive nonconformist.

Complete paragraphs, with an
opening sentence, discussion, and closing, is far preferable to snipits of
phrase and isolated sentences.

Fine, that still doesn't explain why you don't trim off the needless included
text from the previous posters. If you're going to write your own book,
there's no reason to include everything. Most people have news article
retentions of a couple of weeks at least.

Old July 9th 03, 11:02 PM
Peter Duniho

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
I mean that they put it specifically into the FAQs, charters and other
supporting documentation that it was encouraged.

I've never seen anything like that. Do you happen to have an example or
two?

HTML posting and top posting are both symptoms of using inferior (ie
Windows) pseudo-newsreaders like Outhouse. When you find one, you usually
find the other.

Ahhh...I see. This is actually about your bias against Microsoft, rather
than an actual comment about Usenet habits. Nevermind then...

Pete