Lightspeed Battery Box Warning

Old July 10th 03, 04:05 PM
Ron Natalie

"Steve House" wrote in message ...

It sure seems like OE users top-post by default.

Because OE bottom quotes by default. I

It doesn't bottom quote at all. The only thing it does differently is that
it leaves the cursor at the top of the window, so you have to hit SHIFT-END
to move to the bottom before you start typing.

Top posting vs bottom posting wouldn't be an issue at all if people wouldn't be so
stupid as to include the entire article they are following up.

Old July 10th 03, 07:25 PM
EDR

Pretty good observation of local weather phenomenon in Ohio.
Our aviation state motto could be, "Welcome to the convergence zone!
Where west meets east and north greets south. Where Bermuda High's
stall the North Plains Low's."

One of Duane Coles early books mentions the more common local
conditions he met during his years as an airshow pilot, ferrying his
Tayolorcraft across the country. The one that sticks out in my mind is
the line between snow/freezing rain/rain that exists about Fort Wayne
Indianna.

Personally, I have also learned that a low pressure system moving
northeast out of the Gulf of Mexico will either track up the east side
or the west side of the Appalachian Mountains. Depending on which side
it moves up will determine the best route to fly between the North
Coast and the South Coast.

Lake Erie presents some interesting contrasts between Lake Huron and
Lake Ontario. The Lakes make their own local weather phenomenon.

Of course the weather patterns we have been experiencing this year have
added a whole tome to how to fly anywhere east of the Mississippi.
Old July 11th 03, 01:56 AM
Montblack

Drat.

("Dan Luke" wrote)
snip
......but I skip most top-posters.

Drat.

--
Montblack

Old July 11th 03, 06:17 PM
Greg B

EDR wrote in message ...
Pretty good observation of local weather phenomenon in Ohio.
Our aviation state motto could be, "Welcome to the convergence zone!

Yeah, but it all spills into PA with alarming regularity. We were
headed from Western NJ to Gettysburg last Sunday when we ran into
multi-layered hazy scud at Lancaster. Made it to Gettysburg okay,
ate breakfast and looked up to see convective stuff starting on
the boil overhead.

High-tailed it out of there and ran back into lovely weather at
Lancaster.

I've been made concerned or turned back a half-dozen times by
such stuff on a summer's day in Central PA, when the Western
1/3 of the state has been just fine.

Greg
Old July 11th 03, 08:51 PM
Peter R.

EDR ) wrote:

The Central PA mountains are another local weather maker which inhibit
east-west flight. The mountains have claimed many an aircraft and
unwary pilot.

IFR, VFR or doesn't it matter? I was flying IFR over PA yesterday
afternoon at 8,000ft, above a solid layer and was listening to several VFR
pilots talking to Harrisburg Approach about quickly deteriorating weather.
A few tried to get pop-up IFR clearances but were temporarily denied, while
others were doing 180s and trying to find nearby airports in which to land.
It did not sound pleasant.

--
Peter

Old July 11th 03, 10:19 PM
EDR

The Central PA mountains are another local weather maker which inhibit
east-west flight. The mountains have claimed many an aircraft and
unwary pilot.

IFR, VFR or doesn't it matter? I was flying IFR over PA yesterday
afternoon at 8,000ft, above a solid layer and was listening to several VFR
pilots talking to Harrisburg Approach about quickly deteriorating weather.
A few tried to get pop-up IFR clearances but were temporarily denied, while
others were doing 180s and trying to find nearby airports in which to land.
It did not sound pleasant.

Ernie Gann wrote about flying Pennsylvania and the Alleganies during
the DC-2/3 days. Summer, Winter, day and night.
Old July 11th 03, 11:57 PM
Jay Honeck

Someone told me they have aerobatics displays and stuff at the show - is
that true?

You're kidding, right Dan? They have one of the best damned airshows you'll
ever see -- every day, for a week!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 12th 03, 12:08 AM
Jay Honeck

.....but I skip most top-posters.

Hey, I skip most bottom posters -- but only if the new info goes off the
bottom of my screen.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 12th 03, 12:12 AM
Ron Natalie

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:cjHPa.38183$H17.11490@sccrnsc02...
Ours hang from the panel as well and we've not noticed any problems. We
leave ours in the plane, but they do get plugged/unplugged quite regularly

as
Margy has hers and I have mine and we swap them left to right.

We never, ever unplug them. They just each broke, one by one. (Although
it's been a while without a broken cord -- maybe they finally fixed that
flaw?)
--

Dunno, Margy's is one of the 20K's, she got hers a couple of years before I got mine.
We'd not bothter swapping them except Margy's got some extra gizmo on the headband

Old July 12th 03, 04:40 AM
john smith

Lightspeed was supposed to reimburse me for shipping, but I have yet to
receive a check since my problems began in March. I suspect a terse call
to their customer support would produce the desired response, but again
this requires more of my time, which is also accumulating.

Peter, don't use your own money to return their product.
When you call to obtain a Return Authorization, ask for their FedEx or
UPS account number to charge the shipping to.
Or, you can ask them to send you a prepaid return package.