The badge lady fired!

Old March 24th 04, 07:12 PM
Mitch

Default The badge lady fired!

After a quick conversation with the SSA office this afternoon, I asked
where Arleen was. The answer I recieved was "She was let go"...
Anyone know what's going on here? Arleen was the best.
-Mitch
Old March 24th 04, 08:23 PM
Eric Greenwell

Mitch wrote:

After a quick conversation with the SSA office this afternoon, I asked
where Arleen was. The answer I recieved was "She was let go"...
Anyone know what's going on here? Arleen was the best.
-Mitch

Why start here, when your Director probably already knows, and has known
for a couple of months? I find out things by calling mine, should work
for you, too.

--
-----
change "netto" to "net" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old March 25th 04, 12:15 AM
diogenes

Eric Greenwell wrote:
Why start here, when your Director probably already knows, and has known
for a couple of months? I find out things by calling mine, should work
for you, too.

??? Is this the way one is supposed to get news about the SSA - by
everyone individually contacting their Director?? I hope the directors
have a lot of surplus time available!

Old March 25th 04, 01:08 AM
Eric Greenwell

diogenes wrote:
Eric Greenwell wrote:

Why start here, when your Director probably already knows, and has
known for a couple of months? I find out things by calling mine,
should work for you, too.

??? Is this the way one is supposed to get news about the SSA - by
everyone individually contacting their Director??

About some things, yes. A personnel question like this is probably one
them. And surely, once the question is asked on ras and an answer
doesn't pop right back, it's time to call a director (that is, if you
are really interested in an answer).

I hope the directors
have a lot of surplus time available!

They do. Hardly anyone calls, I'm told. Some members seem to have plenty
of time to ask questions on ras, but no time to call and talk things
over; others don't call because they don't care. My director has never
complained when I call him; in fact, he seems glad that someone is
showing interest. I've also contacted (by phone or email) other
directors occasionally, and gotten the same good response. Most
recently, Cindy Brickner and Jim Skydell. Give it a try, and if you
think your director isn't pleased to have you call, remember that next
time you vote for one.

--
-----

Old March 25th 04, 04:53 AM
Mhudson126

I must give credit to my director, Chip Garner. I sent an E-Mail out to all
the directors before putting the post up and Chip responded within the hour by
leaving a message on my voice mail. At this point, we have still been playing
phone tag to get a hold of each other.
Perhaps it is an emotional subject for me, as I have been working with Arleen
since I was 14 years old for badges and records. She always rememberd me, and
seemed excited for me as I achieved each goal. And now, when I finally get one
of the "Ultimates" in hand (Diamond Goal), I E-Mail with a question and nobody
answers it, I call the SSA and they give me the number to some lady I've never
heard of. Bottom line is that it's just dissapointing in this world of mail
order catalogs to loose yet another personal touch. I'm sure we'll all find
out soon what is going on.
-Mitch
Old March 25th 04, 03:06 PM
Mitch

(Mhudson126) wrote in message ...
[...]

Here is the follow up response I got from Dean Carswell. Once again,
a prompt reply which I greatly appriciate.
-Mitch
Mitch:

Thanks for your e-mail. For legal reasons I am unable to comment on
Arleen's departure on February 17. Effective as of that date, Judy
Ruprecht has taken over as interim 'Badge Lady', and I have no doubt
that the paperwork for your flight last weekend has been passed on to
her for processing. If you hear nothing in a reasonable space of time,
please let me know. Also, congratulations on the flight - where did
you do it?

Regards

Dean
Old March 26th 04, 10:04 PM
Mark James Boyd

Mitch:

Thanks for your e-mail. For legal reasons I am unable to comment on
Arleen's departure on February 17. Effective as of that date, Judy
Ruprecht has taken over as interim 'Badge Lady', and I have no doubt

Dean

So much for the "ask the Director" idea. I guess rumors
are what we're gonna be left with...

--

------------+
Mark Boyd
Old March 26th 04, 10:56 PM
Eric Greenwell

Mark James Boyd wrote:
Mitch:

Thanks for your e-mail. For legal reasons I am unable to comment on
Arleen's departure on February 17. Effective as of that date, Judy
Ruprecht has taken over as interim 'Badge Lady', and I have no doubt

Dean

So much for the "ask the Director" idea. I guess rumors
are what we're gonna be left with...

It would get you to this point a lot sooner. The concept is still a good
one, but even a good tactic will not work in every situation. Try
calling your director if it is important to you. A private conversation
is different than something in writing, especially if the Director knows
and trusts you. That's my experience.

--
-----