ADF FS

Old October 15th 05, 07:21 PM
Don Tuite

Default ADF FS

I've posted a "for sale" on rec.aviation marketplace for the ADF we
removed from the club's 235 when we rebuilt the panel. $1000.

The subject is "FS KR 87. KI 227"

Don
Old October 19th 05, 09:22 PM
Jay Honeck

I've posted a "for sale" on rec.aviation marketplace for the ADF we
removed from the club's 235 when we rebuilt the panel. $1000.

You're asking a grand for an ADF?

Good luck!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 19th 05, 10:01 PM
xyzzy

Jay Honeck wrote:

I've posted a "for sale" on rec.aviation marketplace for the ADF we
removed from the club's 235 when we rebuilt the panel. $1000.

You're asking a grand for an ADF?

Good luck!

They're still pretty usaeful here in NC. Many ILS approaches here
require them because the IAF/FAF is an NDB. For example:
http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0510/05694ILN6.PDF.

An approach-certified GPS can sub for the NDB here, but if you don't
have one you need the ADF to shoot this approach. There are several
like that in NC.

There are even some old NDB airways out at the coast.

Old October 20th 05, 12:52 AM
Don Tuite

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:22:32 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

I've posted a "for sale" on rec.aviation marketplace for the ADF we
removed from the club's 235 when we rebuilt the panel. $1000.

You're asking a grand for an ADF?

Good luck!

Testing the waters. OBO is implied.

Don
Old October 20th 05, 05:10 AM
Jay Honeck

You're asking a grand for an ADF?

Good luck!

Testing the waters. OBO is implied.

Understood.

The first rule of selling is that you can ALWAYS go down in price...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 20th 05, 04:26 PM
TaxSrv

"Don Tuite" wrote:
You're asking a grand for an ADF?

Good luck!

Testing the waters. OBO is implied.

Sadly there's tested waters too. Quick check on eBay shows a KR-86
is up to $41.00, with 22 hours to go, only 3 bidders. Says AS IS,
worked when pulled for upgrade, yada, yada. In a flurry of
last-minute bids and people using "snipeware," might we see $1,000?
We don't get French benefits? :-)

Fred F.

Old October 20th 05, 07:27 PM
George Patterson

TaxSrv wrote:

Sadly there's tested waters too. Quick check on eBay shows a KR-86
is up to $41.00, with 22 hours to go, only 3 bidders. Says AS IS,
worked when pulled for upgrade, yada, yada. In a flurry of
last-minute bids and people using "snipeware," might we see $1,000?

Run a search through Yahoo and see if you can find some Ebay auctions that have
ended. If you can, that'll give you a much better idea of what they go for.

Of course, waiting 'til tomorrow and rechecking this one is hardly onerous.

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.
Old October 25th 05, 07:57 PM
Dave Butler

xyzzy wrote:

They're still pretty usaeful here in NC. Many ILS approaches here
require them because the IAF/FAF is an NDB. For example:
http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0510/05694ILN6.PDF.

An approach-certified GPS can sub for the NDB here, but if you don't
have one you need the ADF to shoot this approach. There are several
like that in NC.

There are even some old NDB airways out at the coast.

Not any more. They're still charted, but decommissioned. You will notice that
some of the NDBs that define those airways (e.g. PAMLICO) are also
decommissioned. Last time I checked, the IFR-LO chart showed the airway but it
was cross-hatched out, or something like that.