Cessna 402A?'s

Old October 22nd 05, 05:26 AM

Default Cessna 402A?'s

NW_PILOT wrote:
Well if where to come out! To risky my wallet is not that thick yet!

What is your expected typical flight profile and maybe we can recommend
another a/c that might fill the profile.

Craig C.
cvairwerks at ev1.net

Old October 23rd 05, 07:40 AM
NW_PILOT

I would like to get something that I can learn in & use for a multi time
builder.

wrote in message
oups.com...

cvairwerks at ev1.net

Old October 23rd 05, 08:30 AM

NW_PILOT wrote:
I would like to get something that I can learn in & use for a multi time
builder.

I'd recommend looking for a good Aztec. There's lots of them on the
market right now, and they're pretty tame to fly and relatively tame on
the pocketbook to operate and maintain... as far as twins go anyway.

Old October 24th 05, 10:28 PM
Michael

I would like to get something that I can learn in & use for a multi time
builder.

Really, the way to go if you want to build cheap multi time is an
Apache. Get one with the stock (150 hp) engines and run it on autogas.
Sure, it's dead slow, but as long as you only use the front seat, the
single engine performance is acceptable - and nothing else can be had
or operated at that price. Plus it sure is roomy.

If you actually want some performance for your money, think TravelAir
or Twin Comanche. Neither has the cabin room of an Apache (the
TravelAir is better for the tall, the Twin Comanche for the wide) but
they're still comfortable. Now you're looking at about 200 mph max
cruise (though you will probably run it at 170-180 mph most of the
time, for fuel economy) and a fighting chance on one engine at full
gross, as long as you're not in the mountains.

The Geronimo is a player, but you get TravelAir fuel burn and a lot
less speed.

Or you can go Duchess or Seminole - that way you can burn as much fuel
as the TravelAir or Geronimo, go as slow as an Apache, have a smaller
cabin than a Twin Comanche, and pay more to buy than any of them - but
they sure are docile to fly, and thus cheap to insure, and you will
probably get your money back when you sell.

Anything else you buy will likely wind up costing more to operate than
renting the twin trainer at your local flight school.

Michael

Old October 24th 05, 11:47 PM
NW_PILOT

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Thank you very much for that rundown.

Old October 24th 05, 11:51 PM

NW Pilot which part of the country you are located. I am in the market
to purchase a Seminole for the same purpose. May be we can join our
forces..

Drop me a line at (remove the usual)