I had the craziest dream, last night...

Old October 23rd 05, 06:58 PM
John Kunkel

Default I had the craziest dream, last night...

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
oups.com...
It involved me, George W. Bushusuru, and the Devil and a deck of
cards. To make a long story short, I suspect the Underhanded One rigged
the game, because Jorge was made to make me the new FAA Administrator,
and provide me with some lackeys to make any evil and rotten fantasy of
mine come true, at least as the FAR's were invilved.

So I get in there and start regulating. Of course I am burned in
effigy at Oshkosh and wherever AOPA meets, assassination attempts are
made, etc. but to no avail. I'm your worst nightmare, and I'm here to
stay.

What kind of new regulations do I enact?

1.) ELTs need no longer use special certified battery packs, killing a
major profit center for ELT makers. The ELT must be certified to use a
standard off the shelf battery. But you have to change them at 180 day
intervals.

You mean like the ACK which has been around for ages, takes off the shelf
Duracell batteries with a life of 4+ years?

Old October 24th 05, 02:40 AM
Roger

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 19:42:38 -0700, Bashir Salamati
wrote:

.. A ‘Frozen Novelty’ to be exact. Every time the guy
thrust his hand into the freezer to pull out the novelty all I could
think of was how nice it would be to put my head in that freezer. Not
for a long time. Just long enough to cool off, but not long enough
for the police to arrive.

That's strange as Dove is a copyrighted name and they sell soap.

Dove bar = bar of soap at least if you ask for a Dove bar here in
Central Michigan that's what you get.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old October 24th 05, 02:42 AM
George Patterson

Roger wrote:

That's strange as Dove is a copyrighted name and they sell soap.

There's also a company that makes chocolate under the Dove name. They own the
Dove trademark. That's the company that makes Dove bars, which are chocolate
covered ice cream bars.

http://www.dovebar.com/dove/index.htm

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.
Old October 24th 05, 03:19 AM
UltraJohn

wrote:

. A ‘Frozen Novelty’ to be exact. Every time the guy
thrust his hand into the freezer to pull out the novelty all I could
think of was how nice it would be to put my head in that freezer. Not
for a long time. Just long enough to cool off, but not long enough
for the police to arrive.

That's strange as Dove is a copyrighted name and they sell soap.

Incorrect copyrighting is for literature, trademarks are for symbols etc.

Below are two entries from the usto office (of 441 entries under dove mind
you).

Word Mark DOVE
Goods and Services IC 030. US 046. G & S: Confectionery, namely candy, and
frozen confections
Mark Drawing Code (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Design Search Code 011525 060303 080325 260126 261121
Serial Number 78569469
Filing Date February 17, 2005
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Mars, Incorporated CORPORATION DELAWARE 6885 Elm Street
McLean VIRGINIA 221013883
Attorney of Record Leslie K. Mitchell, Esq.
Prior Registrations 1404307;2012056;2185474
Description of Mark The mark consists of the word "DOVE" in stylized letters
with a stylized underlining below the letters "O", "V" and "E". There are
two pieces of candy falling into a swirl. Rays appear in the left hand
corner.
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark DOVE
Goods and Services IC 003. US 001 004 006 050 051 052. G & S: skin lotion
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 78551868
Filing Date January 21, 2005
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Chesebrough-Pond's Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 501
Silverside Road Wilmington DELAWARE 19809
Attorney of Record Kenneth C. Leonard
Prior Registrations 2803161;2839060;2897852;AND OTHERS
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Old October 25th 05, 05:20 AM
David Dyer-Bennet

wrote:

. A ‘Frozen Novelty’ to be exact. Every time the guy
thrust his hand into the freezer to pull out the novelty all I could
think of was how nice it would be to put my head in that freezer. Not
for a long time. Just long enough to cool off, but not long enough
for the police to arrive.

That's strange as Dove is a copyrighted name and they sell soap.

Dove bar = bar of soap at least if you ask for a Dove bar here in
Central Michigan that's what you get.

That kind of brand name is protected by trademark, not by copyright.
And trademark is divided up into market segments, and a trademark
registration is valid in only one market segment. I presume soap and
candy (or ice-cream treats) are in different market segments, because
I'm familiar with both the soap *and* the candy and ice-cream treats.
Old October 28th 05, 03:54 AM
Roger

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 01:42:07 GMT, George Patterson
wrote:

Roger wrote:

That's strange as Dove is a copyrighted name and they sell soap.

There's also a company that makes chocolate under the Dove name. They own the
Dove trademark. That's the company that makes Dove bars, which are chocolate
covered ice cream bars.

Makes you wonder if it's the same company and they just use different
wrappers. Man, but those bars clean you right out!

Old October 28th 05, 03:56 AM
George Patterson

Roger wrote:

Makes you wonder if it's the same company and they just use different
wrappers. Man, but those bars clean you right out!

Dunno. I never tried to eat the soap. Come to that, I haven't tried to shower
with the ice cream, either. :-)

Old October 29th 05, 06:04 AM
Roger

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 02:56:39 GMT, George Patterson
wrote:

Roger wrote:

Makes you wonder if it's the same company and they just use different
wrappers. Man, but those bars clean you right out!

Dunno. I never tried to eat the soap. Come to that, I haven't tried to shower
with the ice cream, either. :-)

Conserve water, Shower with a friend!

Old October 29th 05, 04:43 PM

You mean like the ACK which has been around for ages, takes off the shelf
Duracell batteries with a life of 4+ years?

And the Ameri-King, too.

Dan