News Flash! Ice Skating rink in Hell Opens!

Old November 10th 03, 03:03 AM
Bushy

Does Mary read these postings?

Do you have an aerobatic rating?
Current on inverted spins?
;)
Peter

Old November 10th 03, 02:22 PM
EDR

In article , Bushy
wrote:

Do you have an aerobatic rating?

There is no such rating in the United States.
Old November 11th 03, 01:31 AM
Jay Honeck

Does Mary read these postings?

Thankfully, no. ;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 11th 03, 10:49 AM
Bushy

Hi Mary, just kidding.....

Peter

Old November 11th 03, 08:47 PM
David CL Francis

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 at 00:19:10 in message
, Big John
wrote:

My mother flew with me only once (in 1945). Every time we made a turn
she would climb up on the high side of the cockpit using the steel
frame of the fuselage.. We flew around Davenport, IA and looked at
where she lived, etc. 45-50 minutes.

Sounds a bit like an inexperienced passenger on a motorcycle. Every time
you go around a corner they try to move to keep their upper body at
right angles to the ground. It can be quite disconcerting to the rider.
--
David CL Francis
Old November 13th 03, 02:22 PM
Trent Moorehead

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Enjoy them while they're with us, George...

For Father's day, I took my Dad out for lunch to a restaurant named Fran's
Front Porch, which is right on the field at Causey Airport in Liberty, NC.
Good food, by the way.

I made up a little ticket, a boarding pass, if you will, that I was going to
punch when we took the flight. It was meant to be cute. Because of weather
(summer) and schedules, it was a couple of months before we could take the
trip and I had totally forgotten about the ticket. But he didn't. He proudly
pulled it out of his pocket and said, "Captain, here's my ticket". Something
about that gesture touched me. Then I remembered that I had seen that ticket
sitting on his dresser in plain view during the months after Father's Day.
My father would usually tuck something like this away, but he put it where
he would see it every day. Having that ticket to look at kept him reminded
of our plans and perhaps kept him looking forward to the day when we could
take the flight. I have to say that we really enjoyed that little trip, it
made for a fond memory.

For those who want to take a loved one flying, think about using a ticket
and giving them some time to warm up to the idea.

-Trent
PP-ASEL

Old November 14th 03, 02:39 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

Enjoy them while they're with us, George...

Unfortunately, "enjoyment" and close contact with my mother are not items that
one normally considers as being related.

George Patterson
If you're not part of the solution, you can make a lot of money prolonging
the problem.