Which is/are the best AutoGyro(s)?

Old July 5th 05, 09:47 PM
[email protected] bramante@comcast.net is offline
Junior Member

Default Which is/are the best AutoGyro(s)?

Would someone please recommend the best one-seater autogyro?
I'm looking for the best combination of strongest, lightest frame and quietest, most powerful engine with least vibration. Thank you very much for your time and attention.

Sincerely,
Michael Bramante
Bramante AT Comcast DOT net
Old July 7th 05, 04:44 AM
Fred

The real name for them is: gyroplane.
I like the Magni. You can buy parts from most
kit builders, such as Gyrobee, and create your
own. Many prefer a rebuilt Subaru engine and
others a Rotax. I think the key word is "fuel-injected"
vs. carb. The vibration comes mostly from the over
head rotors through the cylic. RAF2000 seems to
have the vibration problem licked, but it's a two
seater.
Your best bet is to get training from a qualified
instructor and 'see' first hand what's it's about.
If you've already done that, then look up PRA and
get talking with gyroplane pilots. Good organization.
Good people.

Old July 8th 05, 04:59 AM
GyroMike

--

You're best source of information on gyroplanes will be at
http://www.rotaryforum.com

There are over 1,400 members with more than 5,300 threads.
Almost exclusively on gyros, with a small portion on helicopters.

Lots of information to sift through, and maybe we can help narrow down
the selection.

Mike
Administrator
www.RotaryForum.com

Old July 16th 05, 07:25 AM
Kensandyeggo

RAF does not have the vibration problem licked. They had to redo their
hub-bars once again because of cracking and poor design. They're on
about "Series 24" and still can't get their blades right. Best blades
and rotor-head come from Sportcopter. I second going to the Rotary
Forum for good gyro info.