Katrina fall-out

Old September 6th 05, 12:40 AM
Bob Noel

In article ,
"Dave Stadt" wrote:

"sfb" wrote in message news:15ZSe.3328$Di4.558@trnddc07...
We all should be willing to accept the government's word that attacks
have been thwarted.

We should never be willing to accept anything the government says.

How about: We should never be willing to blindly accepting anything
the government says and always should be looking for supporting evidence.

And you can also substitute "a news reporter" for "government"... :-(

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule

Old September 6th 05, 02:18 AM
George Patterson

Ash Wyllie wrote:

Fine, but not on my dime.

It's not on your dime.

George Patterson
Old September 6th 05, 02:21 AM
George Patterson

Dave Stadt wrote:

I think T-shirts are in order.

"Member of Fleischman's Filters" ?

George Patterson
Old September 6th 05, 02:51 AM
Flyingmonk

Boy! Seams like he's the one getting all the free publicity.

Old September 6th 05, 04:30 AM
Jay Honeck

I lived in Oakland for a year. That was enough for me; I didn't need
7 years to figure out that West Oakland wasn't good for white boys.

It's not good for ANYONE. And that is the point you (and so many like you)
seem to miss.

This isn't a black thing. This isn't a white thing. This is a cultural
thing, and the perpetual under-classes have developed their own sets of
values, traditions and goals that are diametrically opposed to everything
America (and Western civilization, for that matter) stands for. Work in
the inner city for 2 weeks, and you will walk away with a completely
different understanding of the issue.

But, of course, no liberal white guy like you would do *that*. After all,
you might learn something. Or get hurt.

Until people like you dig your heads out of your sanctimonious arses, and
see what is really happening in the inner cities, we will continue to throw
trillions of dollars at a problem that cannot be solved with money.

That, and no demonstration of any empathy for anyone, not in the
current disaster, not in the past. You are a sad creature.

Please. Try to keep up with the topic. We're not talking about the true
victims of the hurricane or the flooding here -- those people deserve and
have received our empathy and support. However, the cretins that have been
looting, raping, and shooting at rescuers represent the end product of a
failed culture that has been propped up by an endless stream of tax dollars,
in hopes that the inner city problems won't spread to the "nice"
neighborhoods.

Talk to the cops in these areas. Talk to the social workers. There is no
real hope of changing anything -- their only attainable goal is to cordon
off the area, so (as one officer told me) "they only kill each other."

This approach is so wrong that it should be illegal -- but people like you
continue to promote this bitterly hypocritical and unfair fallacy under the
guise of "empathy." By doing so, your supposed "empathy" has doomed
millions of people to a hopeless existence.

Great job, "Bob"! You're a real hero.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 6th 05, 04:34 AM
Jay Honeck

You know, the irony of all this is what set me off about your attitude to
begin with--mostly memories of the '93 Mississippi floods (including Iowa
City) and all the nonsense that was said at that time--"What do these
people
expect? They live in a flood plain, for heaven's sake!"

Remember those people, Jay? All those smug jackasses who wondered how
anyone
could live next to a river that was absolutely, positively 100% guaranteed
to flood? I wonder how many of them were from New Orleans?

I didn't live in Iowa in '93, but the floods since then have convinced the
Feds to FINALLY make it illegal (or, at least, financially impossible) for
people to rebuild homes along the Mississippi. And they will NOT be
rebuilt with tax money when the inevitable floods hit again.

Anyone who now builds their home next to one of the world's great rivers had
better be WAY up on a bluff overlooking the river, or independently wealthy.

Which is as it should be.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 6th 05, 05:48 AM
Jay Beckman

"sfb" wrote in message news:LM7Se.976$IT4.697@trnddc04...
The President signed declarations enabling Federal disaster relief before
Katrina hit the Gulf coast. Unless you expect him to be driving a Humvee
full of water into town, it really doesn't matter where he is located as
he always retains full Presidential authority.

And, the was not on "vacation" but was working from Crawford because the
White House was undergoing some construction...

Old September 6th 05, 08:07 AM
W P Dixon

Maybe even a better question,
Martin what have YOU done in US inner cities? How many have you lived in,
worked in..or does your opinion just come from what you see in pictures?
Other than thinking tax dollars fix these problems what have you done in
your country to fix these problems? Do you volunteer to feed the homeless?
Do you just throw some money at a bum or do you take him and buy him a meal?
Have you ever done without just to help someone else? Do you spend money on
gifts for children you do not know at Christmas? Exactly where does your
opinions of this country come from? Yep I see your post here, and I know you
hate this nation . SO before you get started in your usual rants from so
many miles away......tell us all what you do.
See some of us believe the best way to help others is by doing things
just like I have mentioned above. And I think more help would be gotten if
people did not have money taken in taxes for worthless programs. Nope , not
all people do want to help. But just look at all the donations of money and
time that other Americans and even alot of folks from other parts of the
world are sending for Katrina. It is uplifting,.....and no person had to
have it taxed out of their income either, they gave because they cared. How
much did you send? Are you making arrangements to fly over and feed some of
these folks? Probably not since every post I have ever seen of yours shows
you loathe this nation.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

However, the cretins that have been
looting, raping, and shooting at rescuers represent the end product of a
failed culture that has been propped up by an endless stream of tax
dollars,
in hopes that the inner city problems won't spread to the "nice"
neighborhoods.

What is your solution (not right now during rescue, but in general)?

"Ah, buddy, let's see ... you have no job, no home ... 2x in prison, 6
brothers, father ran away ... hmmm ... please show up at the next
assassination on Tuesday, 9am sharp. There is no chance that you'll ever
make it, and govt money should not be spent on you."

Talk to the cops in these areas. Talk to the social workers. There is
no
real hope of changing anything -- their only attainable goal is to cordon
off the area, so (as one officer told me) "they only kill each other."

And: what have you done in your former job except stepping _over_ the
bodies not knowing if dead or high on drugs or whatnot?

#m
--
Three witches watch three Swatch watches.
Which witch watches which Swatch watch?

Old September 6th 05, 10:00 AM
Thomas Borchert

Sfb,

We all should be willing to accept the government's word that attacks
have been thwarted.

Oh sure. Trust them like last time when they said there are WMDs in Iraq
and started a war over that? Tell 2000 dead US soldiers and countless
more dead Iraqis.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Fall Photo Shoots Arnold Sten Piloting 7 October 8th 04 04:29 PM
Windsocks ,. Great fall special $ 15 for 1 or $ 25 for 2 GASSITT Aviation Marketplace 0 October 6th 04 05:12 AM
Tomcats gone by fall of 2006 Mike Weeks Naval Aviation 48 June 22nd 04 02:32 PM
NE fall foliage report Cub Driver Piloting 0 October 19th 03 12:25 PM
Fall Colors Flights! Jack Cunniff Piloting 2 October 15th 03 10:06 PM