Survival II

Old June 9th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Survival II

("Ron Wanttaja" wrote)
The coil spring was a natural trigger, and when you pulled it, the
contrivance simultaneously launched the match while igniting it.

Used to ride our bicycles in dogfights shooting at each other....

Hey, you're the one who introduced clothespins...!!

I'd take you on with my rubber binder clothespin fly-shooter pistol. Yes,
using the"good" red rubber binders from the Butcher Shop!

"Another dud farmers match from Ron's gun. Ooh, I'm so scared."

Aim ......"Missed!"
Pedaling ..."Reload binder gun."
Pedaling ..."Aim."
Pedaling ..."Fire!"

"Thwat!"

"That's gotta hurt."

Mont-Black-Phantom
"Although some minor variants now compete in frequency, on the whole
Minnesota speech features such dominant Northern terms as andirons, pail,
mouth organ (harmonica), comforter (tied and filled bedcover), wishbone,
clingstone peach, sweet corn, angleworm (earthworm), darning needle or
mosquito hawk (dragonfly), and sick to the stomach. Minnesotans call the
grass strip between street and sidewalk the boulevard and a rubber band a
rubber binder, and many cook coffee when they brew it. Three-fourths of a
sample population spoke root with the vowel of put; one third, through
school influence, pronounced /ah/ in aunt instead of the usual Northern
short /a/, as in pants. Many younger speakers pronounce caller and collar
alike."

Having fun now - from wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_band_gun#Types_of_rubber_band_gun
"The rubber-band Gatling gun is a fearsome weapon...."

"Constructed almost wholly of wood, the Gatling gun usually has between 8
and 12 barrels, each of which can take up to twelve rubber bands on a
similar mechanism to the repeater pistol. This means a twelve-barrel Gatling
gun using twelve-shot repeater mechanisms can fire 144 rubber bands
automatically."

Cool.

Old June 9th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

("David Kazdan" wrote)
We fussed over the notion for several minutes that we had a car with a
full gas tank and a lot of readily available energy in its battery, and we
couldn't figure out how to light a safe fire. What to do?

Now I'm curious. Would the match have lit touching it on the exhaust
manifold - under the hood?

Montblack

Old June 9th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

My survival kit has some "lifeboat matches" that are waterproof and
strike anywhere and burn much hotter than kitchen matches. I also
carry a metal match (flint with magneseum--you scrape some of the
magneseum onto your tinder and use the flint to light it.

Old June 9th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Montblack wrote:
("David Kazdan" wrote)
We fussed over the notion for several minutes that we had a car with a
full gas tank and a lot of readily available energy in its battery,
and we couldn't figure out how to light a safe fire. What to do?

Now I'm curious. Would the match have lit touching it on the exhaust
manifold - under the hood?

Montblack

Don't cars come with cigarette lighters any more???

Tony
Old June 9th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article .com,
"Richard Riley" wrote:

I also carry an LED flashlight and a small Swiss army knife
on my keyring.

So do I!!! To which I add a flat ACR whistle and BIC lighter with duct
tape wrapped around it.
Old June 9th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Stealth Pilot wrote:
if you really want to survive carry water.

of course, if you really, REALLY want to survive, carry a 406 mhz ELT
with a built in GPS, and lithium ion batteries.

And for the really, really REALLY folks, there's satellite phones.

Old June 9th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

john smith wrote:
In article .com,
"Richard Riley" wrote:

I also carry an LED flashlight and a small Swiss army knife
on my keyring.

So do I!!! To which I add a flat ACR whistle and BIC lighter with duct
tape wrapped around it.

That must be SOME KEYRING!!

Survival [email protected] Home Built 1 May 12th 06 05:58 PM
Fuel contamination and other basic survival instincts Greg Farris Piloting 17 July 14th 05 10:45 PM
Whidbey Island Survival School JD Naval Aviation 11 January 16th 05 07:10 PM
US Air Force survival gun? Bruce W.1 Military Aviation 99 April 26th 04 10:31 PM
Survival Gear EDR Owning 22 February 15th 04 03:43 AM