Bad Day Flying

Old April 6th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Bad Day Flying

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news:e2011fe6-ceb5-415c-
:

On Apr 5, 10:10 am, Phil J wrote:
If you were this pilot, would you ever get back in the cockpit??

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...e64-5fec-4034-...
Phil

He has a italian name so he was probably trying
out some insurance scam.
Ken

As opposed to being Ken and trying out some scam to make people believe he
actually knoew something about anything.

Bertie
Old April 6th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:R0WJj.54429$TT4.23058
@attbi_s22:

If you were this pilot, would you ever get back in the cockpit??

Sure. But I'd make sure I had doors on my next seaplane...

;-)

Like you could fly anything that wasn't a chevvy with wings.

Bertie
Old April 6th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
muff528

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in message
On Apr 5, 10:10 am, Phil J wrote:
If you were this pilot, would you ever get back in the cockpit??

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...e64-5fec-4034-...
Phil

He has a italian name so he was probably trying
out some insurance scam.
Ken

The Italian name means he's Italian, or descended from one........... not a
dumbass or a Canadian or something.
Oh! I better add this ........ :-)

TonyP, Italian

Old April 6th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken S. Tucker

On Apr 5, 6:49 pm, "muff528" wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in ...

On Apr 5, 10:10 am, Phil J wrote:
If you were this pilot, would you ever get back in the cockpit??

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...e64-5fec-4034-...
Phil

He has a italian name so he was probably trying
out some insurance scam.
Ken

The Italian name means he's Italian, or descended from one........... not a
dumbass or a Canadian or something.
Oh! I better add this ........ :-)
TonyP, Italian

Let's not disparage a country full of limey's and frogs,
who are legally dishonest, not my fault the wop's keep
getting caught.
BTW, I think the word "dumbass" is Politically Incorrect.
Ken
PS: I like pizza :-)
Old April 6th 08, 10:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in
:

On Apr 5, 6:49 pm, "muff528" wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in
messagenews:e2011fe6-ceb5-415c-abf7-bd7b99118b15

@q27g2000prf.googlegro
ups.com...

On Apr 5, 10:10 am, Phil J wrote:
If you were this pilot, would you ever get back in the cockpit??

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...e6ad5e64-5fec-

4034
-...
Phil

He has a italian name so he was probably trying
out some insurance scam.
Ken

The Italian name means he's Italian, or descended from one...........
not a dumbass or a Canadian or something.
Oh! I better add this ........ :-)
TonyP, Italian

Let's not disparage a country full of limey's and frogs,
who are legally dishonest, not my fault the wop's keep
getting caught.
BTW, I think the word "dumbass" is Politically Incorrect.

Entirely accurate in your case, as is "fjukkktard"

Bertie
Old April 6th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Phil J wrote:
On Apr 5, 5:56 pm, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
wrote:
Phil J wrote:
If you were this pilot, would you ever get back in the cockpit??
http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...e64-5fec-4034-...

I probably would, but I think I'd try wearing a seat belt the next time.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

He was wearing it, but he somehow managed to 1) go to full throttle,
2) throw the controls to the left, and 3) snag his seat belt buckle
and unlatch it - all at the same time. Not a good thing in an
airplane without doors. If I was him, I think I might get the feeling
that someone up there doesn't want me to fly!

Well, I'm personally pretty skeptical of some aspects of this story and
the accidentally released seat belt is one of them.

Matt
Old April 6th 08, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
muff528

" BTW, I think the word "dumbass" is Politically Incorrect.

Dam! I thought I was being PC by pretending to be offended. Someone needs to
publish the rules. (As if the usenet isn't already full of PC kops.)
TP

Old April 6th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 5, 1:10*pm, Phil J wrote:
If you were this pilot, would you ever get back in the cockpit??

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...e64-5fec-4034-...

Phil

A headwind that made the nose rise?

Maybe he meant a gust?

Would I fly again? Hmm. He just bailed out -- inadvertently. But that
was the result of some clumsiness that might ought to be taken as a
warning. Granted, I've made plenty of mistakes flying. I might have to
review my own talents and decide whether what happened was a fluke or
whether maybe it was the result of a general tendency to make
mistakes. If the latter, hang up the goggles, for the Gods have given
a stern warning indeed. Lucky for him the "headwind" didn't happen
over dry land!

I just read in Jimmy Doolittles' book about a fellow who did a
negative G maneuver back in the old days -- had forgotten to fasten
his belt -- and flew right up over the plane. No chute. They named an
airfield after him.

Old April 6th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

sounds like he was on take off, it was an amphibian

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 16:04:00 -0700 (PDT), Phil J
wrote:

He was wearing it, but he somehow managed to 1) go to full throttle,
2) throw the controls to the left, and 3) snag his seat belt buckle
and unlatch it - all at the same time. Not a good thing in an
airplane without doors.

He must have been mighty low to have not suffered significant injury
in the fall.

Old April 6th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil J

wrote:
Phil J wrote:
If you were this pilot, would you ever get back in the cockpit??
http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...e64-5fec-4034-....
I probably would, but I think I'd try wearing a seat belt the next time..

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

He was wearing it, but he somehow managed to 1) go to full throttle,
2) throw the controls to the left, and 3) snag his seat belt buckle
and unlatch it - all at the same time. *Not a good thing in an
airplane without doors. *If I was him, I think I might get the feeling
that someone up there doesn't want me to fly!

Well, *I'm personally pretty skeptical of some aspects of this story and
the accidentally released seat belt is one of them.

Matt- Hide quoted text -

I had that thought too. He might have just forgotten to buckle it.
On the other hand, it is possible that he snagged his sleeve on the
buckle and release it, or released it in some other way.

I don't think this was intentional because it would just be too risky
to fling yourself out of an airplane like that. At the least you
would expect to be seriously injured, at the worst killed outright.
And you wouldn't do it in the middle of a lake. You would do it
within easy swimming distance from the shore.

The article doesn't say whether or not he built the airplane. If he
did, it is hard for me to imagine that someone would go through all
that work and then intentionally destroy the airplane.

Phil