[US] Callling SSA State Governors and Record Keepers

Old June 9th 04, 03:16 AM
Papa3

Default [US] Callling SSA State Governors and Record Keepers

The Yahoo group SSA States was created to facilitate information sharing and
dialogue between state Governors and Record Keepers. So far, we have about
30-40% of the states covered, and we'd love get that number higher. Please
click on the link below and select "join this group". If you're unfamiliar
with Yahoo groups or you get stuck, please feel free to contact me directly.

Erik Mann
SSA Governor for NJ

Old June 9th 04, 04:26 AM
f.blair

Why not establish a forum on the SSA website like the ones for 'contest' or
'badges', they work. Everytime I have joined a Yahoo 'group' I start
getting massive amounts of new spam and viruses. I would recommend not
joining any Yahoo groups.
Fred Blair
nk.net...

Old June 9th 04, 05:24 AM
Papa3

Fred (and others who may be wary of a Yahoo Group),

You can control both of those concerns.

First, you don't have to receive email from a yahoo group; that
configuration is available to you at the time of joining. You can even
create a special Yahoo email ID that you don't even have to read (ie. you
don't have to use your "normal" email address). With regard to viruses,
the risk on the SSA States group is limited to some extent by the fact that
it's members only. That said, anytime you're opening files you need to be
careful.

The SSA site lacks many of the features of a Yahoo group, including ability
to store files, create a database, run polls, create special announcements,
etc.

Erik

"f.blair" wrote in message
Why not establish a forum on the SSA website like the ones for 'contest'

or
'badges', they work. Everytime I have joined a Yahoo 'group' I start
getting massive amounts of new spam and viruses. I would recommend not
joining any Yahoo groups.
Fred Blair
nk.net...

Old June 9th 04, 06:07 AM
diogenes

Papa3 wrote:
The SSA site lacks many of the features of a Yahoo group, including ability
to store files, create a database, run polls, create special announcements,
etc.

Is this one of the reasons for doing "new construction" work at the SSA
website, so it could then be used for SSA business ?