Sun n Fun accomodations

Old January 24th 04, 09:52 PM
Peter Gottlieb

Default Sun n Fun accomodations

Any recommendations on nearby motels for this year?

Old January 25th 04, 12:29 AM
Gerry Caron

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
Any recommendations on nearby motels for this year?

The motels in Lakeland are generally sold out well in advance and tend to be
expensive.

I've stayed in a 2-bedroom condo at Imperial Lakes in Mulberry (2-3 mi south
of the field). A little more expensive than a room, but if you have a large
family or someone to split it, it isn't too bad. On the plus side, it's
lots nicer than a motel room. And they have equipped kitchens so you can
save a few bucks by making your own breakfast, etc. Look under Mulberry on
the Central FL V&CB web site: http://www.sunsational.org/

The other area I've had good luck with is over in Winter Haven or Cypress
Gardens. Generally easy to get a room and it's a quick drive on the Polk Co
tollway.

Don't stay anywhere where you would have to commute on I-4. It's a mess.

Gerry

Old January 26th 04, 12:04 AM
Cy Galley

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
Any recommendations on nearby motels for this year?

www.AlexisParkInn.com

Nice place but it is a little far out! GRIN

Old January 26th 04, 04:41 AM
Jay Honeck

www.AlexisParkInn.com

Nice place but it is a little far out! GRIN

Hey, we're only 6.5 hours from Lakeland! :-)

(Personally, I prefer to camp at Sun N Fun...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 30th 04, 06:10 AM
Gilan

I live just 45 minute drive to Sun n Fun. If you don't mind driving 30 to
45 minutes you can find lots of places to stay. I'm only 8 miles from the
main gate of Disney World. Heck most people now days drive at least 30
minutes or more just to get to work in the morning. We have lots of small
motels along I-4 and Highway 27 so you should have no trouble at all finding
a place.

--
Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group

Old January 30th 04, 06:13 AM
Gilan

I volunteer at Sun n Fun and make the drive down I-4 every morning and it is
no trouble at all.

Old February 3rd 04, 02:20 AM
bci

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message ...
Any recommendations on nearby motels for this year?

This year Easter is 4/11/04. The airshow startas on 4/13/04. The
weeks around Easter are some of the busiest for the hotels, airports,
rent a car dealers, etc. as spring breakers and frozen Northerners
search for a warm spot in the sun. Stay where you can find a vacancy.
Plan for heavy traffic on the interstates and full commercial flights.

Cypress Gardens is closed so there may be some vacancies near there.

Betsy