Compass repair

Old January 7th 19, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Compass repair

I thought I would give this one more shot.... I have a Bohli compass and it works but the very fine wire that attaches to the gimbal base broke off. I have removed the compass from the glider and looked it over. I don’t have the wire part or skills to fix/ reattach a new wire to the gimbal mont.

Are there any repair shops or services that I can call on for repair. The guy in Switzerland but no response. I can replace it with a another type but really like the compass. Any suggestions?

DC

Old January 8th 19, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

DC-

It's a long shot, but you might try contacting UMA Instruments.(umainstruments.com) They manufacture some really nice aircraft instrumentation and are reportedly very nice, helpful people who take pride in customer service. From what I have seen in articles and on their website, they may be the type of folks who could either evaluate and repair your compass or steer you in the right direction.
Old January 8th 19, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 6:40:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
DC-

It's a long shot, but you might try contacting UMA Instruments.(umainstruments.com) They manufacture some really nice aircraft instrumentation and are reportedly very nice, helpful people who take pride in customer service. From what I have seen in articles and on their website, they may be the type of folks who could either evaluate and repair your compass or steer you in the right direction.

"steer you in the right direction" lol.

Bohli compass Repair [email protected] Soaring 1 June 20th 18 06:10 PM
PZL compass repair - Tom ? [email protected] Soaring 11 June 4th 06 01:27 PM
PZL compass repair 5Z Soaring 16 December 1st 05 12:40 AM
compass turns with high mounted compass (Cessna 152) Ray Instrument Flight Rules 22 April 7th 05 07:39 AM
Bubble Face Compass Repair Gene Hetsel Restoration 1 January 9th 04 05:59 AM