A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Compass repair

Old January 7th 19, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Compass repair

I thought I would give this one more shot.... I have a Bohli compass and it works but the very fine wire that attaches to the gimbal base broke off. I have removed the compass from the glider and looked it over. I don’t have the wire part or skills to fix/ reattach a new wire to the gimbal mont.

Are there any repair shops or services that I can call on for repair. The guy in Switzerland but no response. I can replace it with a another type but really like the compass. Any suggestions?

DC

Old January 8th 19, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Compass repair

DC-

It's a long shot, but you might try contacting UMA Instruments.(umainstruments.com) They manufacture some really nice aircraft instrumentation and are reportedly very nice, helpful people who take pride in customer service. From what I have seen in articles and on their website, they may be the type of folks who could either evaluate and repair your compass or steer you in the right direction.
Old January 8th 19, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Compass repair

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 6:40:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
DC-

It's a long shot, but you might try contacting UMA Instruments.(umainstruments.com) They manufacture some really nice aircraft instrumentation and are reportedly very nice, helpful people who take pride in customer service. From what I have seen in articles and on their website, they may be the type of folks who could either evaluate and repair your compass or steer you in the right direction.

"steer you in the right direction" lol.