F-101 IR Target Seeker Head.

Old March 7th 04, 11:09 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Dom Sasco" wrote in message ...
I'll still take our system over yours anyday.

The US rejected the Canadian single payor system in 1994.

Bill Clinton's political agenda ended with Hillarycare and he never recovered power; politically hamstrung for the next six years.
Old March 8th 04, 02:10 AM
Ed Majden

"Tarver Engineering"
The US rejected the Canadian single payor system in 1994.

What makes you think that Americans are always right? Your only 300 million or so! I think the remaining few billion on this planet also have something to offer, don't you? Thanks, but I will stick with our system also, even with its warts!
Ed
Old March 8th 04, 02:30 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Ed Majden" wrote in message news:kKP2c.743596$ts4.16603@pd7tw3no...

"Tarver Engineering"
The US rejected the Canadian single payor system in 1994.

What makes you think that Americans are always right?

It is a question of guns, or butter and Canada is not doing very well on either count.
Old March 9th 04, 06:40 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 18:43:51 GMT, "Ed Majden" wrote:

"Tarver Engineering"
Canadians have "free healthcare" @ $1500 a month instead.

Heathcare is far from free! Just check our income tax rates. At least
in Canada everyones in the same boat and is covered. Your not turned away
at the door if you don't have a healthy bank account or credit card. You
won't get any support in Canada if you try and tamper with our medicare
system. We spend less per capita on Medicare than you do in the USA under
your system. Anyway, this doesn't have much to do with a military aviation
newsgroup, does it!

No, it doesn't, but one quick note, it is illegal for any health care provider in the
US to refuse to treat someone for an acute condition. And we do not have
long waiting lists for procedures.

Al Minyard
Old March 9th 04, 07:06 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Alan Minyard" wrote in message
[...]

The fantasy of "free healthcare" in Canada disadvantaging Military spending
in Canada.

There is always the issue of guns, or butter. The other posters might want
to note that it is medicare costs that Greenspan identified as the real near
term problem for the US budget. Canada is just a little farther down that
timeline than the US.

Old March 9th 04, 07:08 PM
Ron

Heathcare is far from free! Just check our income tax rates. At least
in Canada everyones in the same boat and is covered. Your not turned away
at the door if you don't have a healthy bank account or credit card. You
won't get any support in Canada if you try and tamper with our medicare
system. We spend less per capita on Medicare than you do in the USA under
your system. Anyway, this doesn't have much to do with a military aviation
newsgroup, does it!

No, it doesn't, but one quick note, it is illegal for any health care
provider in the
US to refuse to treat someone for an acute condition. And we do not have
long waiting lists for procedures.

Al Minyard

When I used to do EMS flying, it was that way too. Once public authority such
as police, fire, ambulance, emt, hospital called us for a flight, we had to go.
There was no finding out first if there would be payment guaranteed. That was
an issue to be worked out after the flight.

Ron
Tanker 65, C-54E (DC-4)

Old March 9th 04, 08:04 PM
Ed Majden

"Ron"
When I used to do EMS flying, it was that way too. Once public authority

such
as police, fire, ambulance, emt, hospital called us for a flight, we had

to go.
There was no finding out first if there would be payment guaranteed.

That was
an issue to be worked out after the flight.

Ron
I agree that emmergency treatment is always available, but what about
long term follow-up treatment? If you can't pay for the 50K operation, (non
emmergency), what happens then? What about the high drug costs in the U.S.,
the highest in the world. Your probably going to say that the drug
companies need the money for research. In many cases this research is
funded by governments but the drug companies make the profits. Several U.S.
states are shopping in Canada now for drugs at the peral of creating
shortages in Canada. Anyway, what the hell has this topic got to do with
the rec.aviation.military newsgroup?????????
Ed
Tanker 65, C-54E (DC-4)

Old March 9th 04, 08:08 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Ed Majden" wrote in message

"Ron"
When I used to do EMS flying, it was that way too. Once public

authority
such
as police, fire, ambulance, emt, hospital called us for a flight, we had

to go.
There was no finding out first if there would be payment guaranteed.

That was
an issue to be worked out after the flight.

Ron
I agree that emmergency treatment is always available, but what about
long term follow-up treatment? If you can't pay for the 50K operation,

(non
emmergency), what happens then? What about the high drug costs in the

U.S.,
the highest in the world.

Generic drugs are generally cheaper in the US than in Canada. Canadian
generics often run three times what they do in the US.

Old March 9th 04, 08:49 PM
Ed Majden

"Tarver Engineering"
Generic drugs are generally cheaper in the US than in Canada. Canadian
generics often run three times what they do in the US.

If that is the case, what the hell are some U.S. State governments doing
their shopping in Canada for? Don't they generally shop for the cheapest
price? Anyway, this is my last comment on this topic as it has NOTHING to
do with a rec.aviation. military newsgroup!
Ed

Old March 9th 04, 08:55 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Ed Majden" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering"
Generic drugs are generally cheaper in the US than in Canada. Canadian
generics often run three times what they do in the US.

If that is the case, what the hell are some U.S. State governments

doing
their shopping in Canada for?

The State Governemnts are taking advantage of Canadian prices for name brand
first run drugs.

Don't they generally shop for the cheapest
price? Anyway, this is my last comment on this topic as it has NOTHING to
do with a rec.aviation. military newsgroup!

Only as it pertains to guns, or butter, and beurocratic lagess.