beware of "warranty" R&R labor costs

Old August 26th 03, 01:56 PM
Dennis O'Connor

Actually, there are four major kinds of homicide...

Premeditated
Self defense
Accidental
Laudable.

Denny

Show me the federal law where
it prohibits homicide.

Old August 26th 03, 02:53 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Satellite wrote:

What garbage... Are you for real, man?

Absolutely. Break into my house at night and you're a dead man. That's legal
homicide. Illegal homicide is called "murder".

George Patterson
Brute force has an elegance all its own.
Old August 26th 03, 03:30 PM
Ron Natalie

"Justin Case" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:17:46 -0400, "Ron Natalie"
wrote:

"Justin Case" wrote in message ...
What I'm trying to clarify is that the practice is not legal,

Well you show me a law. I've posted the stuff that shows the regulations
pretty much leave it to the discretion of the adminstrator. If you have so
consumer law that says the FAA is required to do otherwise, let me know.

Sorry, this is America. YOU show ME the real law that is telling the
FAA to disallow the installs.

I showed it to you already. A major modification requires supporting data
that is at the FAA's discretion.

Old August 27th 03, 12:53 AM
Russell Kent

Justin Case wrote:

Show me the federal law where it prohibits homicide.

I believe the answer is:

USC Title 18, Part I, Chapter 51, Section 1111.

which can be read at any number of websites including:

- or -
http://uscode.house.gov/DOWNLOAD/18C51.DOC

Russell Kent

Old August 27th 03, 03:23 PM
Aaron Coolidge

Dennis O'Connor wrote:
: Actually, there are four major kinds of homicide...

: Premeditated
: Self defense
: Accidental
: Laudable.

Ambose Bierce wrote this up as:

1) Felonious
2) Excusable
3) Justifiable
4) Praiseworthy

--
Aaron Coolidge
Old August 27th 03, 03:57 PM
Michael

Justin Case wrote
I showed it to you already. A major modification requires supporting data
that is at the FAA's discretion.

Jesus Christ!

I guess so, thanks for being part of this conversation. Now can
anyone else add anything intelligent?

Yes. You may not like it, but he's right. The FAA (in the form of
your local FSDO maintenance inspector) is free to reject the data you
provide in support of your major alteration for any reason. After
you've spent some time performing major alterations on airplanes and
submitting paperwork for same, you will learn that the smart mechanic
finds out what the local FAA will accept (not what you think the law
requires them to accept) in advance. It's not good, it's not right,
it sure as hell doesn't improve safety, but that's the way it is.

Michael
Old August 27th 03, 04:00 PM
Dennis O'Connor

"There you go again..." to quote my favorite President "getting
technical."...

Denny

"Dan Thompson" wrote in message
Actually, illegal homicide has three subdivisions:

Premeditated (1st degree murder)
Heat of passion (manslaughter or 2nd degree murder)
Criminally negligent (G.R. Patterson's spring gun to kill intruders when

he
is not at home to kill them in person)

Even premeditated homicide can be legal, for example, in war time against
enemy combatants, or when administering capital punishment.

Old August 27th 03, 05:30 PM
Ron Natalie

"Michael" wrote in message om...
Justin Case wrote
I showed it to you already. A major modification requires supporting data
that is at the FAA's discretion.

Jesus Christ!

I guess so, thanks for being part of this conversation. Now can
anyone else add anything intelligent?

Yes. You may not like it, but he's right. The FAA (in the form of
your local FSDO maintenance inspector) is free to reject the data you
provide in support of your major alteration for any reason. After
you've spent some time performing major alterations on airplanes and
submitting paperwork for same, you will learn that the smart mechanic
finds out what the local FAA will accept (not what you think the law
requires them to accept) in advance. It's not good, it's not right,
it sure as hell doesn't improve safety, but that's the way it is.

And it's directly supported by the regulation I cited originally that you
keep ignoring. Half the damn rules have some part left to the discretion
of the administrator. Here's one of the few where it really means something.