Harmon Rocket II questions

Old October 31st 05, 11:37 PM
Morgans

Default Harmon Rocket II questions

"Jason Grass" wrote

You guys are dangerous, you're writing checks your body can't cash!

So since by your admission, you are not "one of us," why don't you take
your **** and get the puck out of here. You are a complete and total
dumbass, with out full comprehension of the issues involved.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 1st 05, 01:20 AM
Jason Grass

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:37:37 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Jason Grass" wrote

You guys are dangerous, you're writing checks your body can't cash!

So since by your admission, you are not "one of us," why don't you take
your **** and get the puck out of here. You are a complete and total
dumbass, with out full comprehension of the issues involved.

I admitt nothing. You make your own assumtions. What's the term for
someone that only wants to hear what he wants to hear. I think they
have a name for that. ....So what this is, is a discussion group, as
long as you stay within the strict confines of what a certian small,
narrow minded group want to hear 'eh? NOT!
Old November 1st 05, 02:28 AM
Jerry Springer

wrote:

"Jason Grass" wrote

You guys are dangerous, you're writing checks your body can't cash!

So since by your admission, you are not "one of us," why don't you take
your **** and get the puck out of here. You are a complete and total
dumbass, with out full comprehension of the issues involved.

I admitt nothing. You make your own assumtions. What's the term for
someone that only wants to hear what he wants to hear. I think they
have a name for that. ....So what this is, is a discussion group, as
long as you stay within the strict confines of what a certian small,
narrow minded group want to hear 'eh? NOT!

Jason while I do respect your concern for safety I have to wonder what
it is you have ever built or what it is you fly, or your motive? There
is more to the story about the RV-3 having wing problem than many
accident reports show. Many or may I say all of the RV-3 wing failures
were do to the pilots flying them beyond their design limits. Almost
all, not all airplanes can have a wing ripped off if flown beyond their
design.
It just happens to be that one of the RV-3s that lost a wing was a
neighbor and friend. He was pulling and turning way beyond the limits
of an RV-3. His G-meter was stuck on 11 G's. You also seemed to have
lumped the whole RV line into one lump, the RV-3 was a completely
different wing than the rest of the RV's. Also the accident you said you
talked to Van about was probably the factory RV-8 as that is the only
other RV that has had a wing failure. Trust me Van wanted to find out
what happened to that as it was his airplane and one of his employees
flying it. Also the pilot was my neighbor at the airport his hangar was
next to mine, so I did know a little bit about his flying habits. If you
read the accident report on it you should have a little better idea of
what the witness heard and saw, that should give you some idea about
what they were doing. You also are misleading about the Venture crash
with the owner when the engine quit. You were not in that airplane so
you don't have a clue, as an instructor I find that people have a
tendency to try to stretch their glide in engine out situations to try
to make an airport or a suitable place to land. I have another friend
that had a oil transducer break off his engine and he had to crash land
in the Sierras on his way to Las Vagas and he rolled the airplane into a
ball but came out with a few scratches. Everyone that I have talked to
said it is a very sweet flying airplane and I have never heard anyone
complain about lack of elevator.

As a neighbor of Van's and also as I am flying one of the oldest RV-6's
I could go on but this is getting lengthy.

Jerry
Old November 1st 05, 02:51 AM
Jerry Springer

Jerry Springer wrote:

Jason Grass wrote:

"Jason Grass" wrote

You guys are dangerous, you're writing checks your body can't cash!

One thing that I wanted to add to my lengthy post is that most of us
flying scratchbuilt, kitbuilt aircraft understand that there
is a certain amount of risk involved, but we accept it because we love
flying and and building.

Jerry
Old November 1st 05, 03:24 AM
Jason Grass

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:51:39 -0800, Jerry Springer
wrote:

Jerry Springer wrote:

Jason Grass wrote:

"Jason Grass" wrote

You guys are dangerous, you're writing checks your body can't cash!

That line was a joke, but I see it sailed right over your heads. I
have to admit I stole it from a recent rendition of "Iceman, the later
years". If you didn't see it you should. One of the funniest aviation
video's I've seen in a long time. A Saturday night live skit. If
anyone wants it, I have a copy of it. It's in the real video format.
This group needs some humor it used to have. The last time I livened
things up was with the foil on my antenna. But like always, everyone
takes that one seriously too.

Old November 1st 05, 04:31 AM
Kyle Boatright

wrote:

Jerry Springer wrote:

Jason Grass wrote:

"Jason Grass" wrote

You guys are dangerous, you're writing checks your body can't cash!

That line was a joke, but I see it sailed right over your heads. I
have to admit I stole it from a recent rendition of "Iceman, the later
years". If you didn't see it you should. One of the funniest aviation
video's I've seen in a long time. A Saturday night live skit. If
anyone wants it, I have a copy of it. It's in the real video format.
This group needs some humor it used to have. The last time I livened
things up was with the foil on my antenna. But like always, everyone
takes that one seriously too.

I'd lay odds that most of the newsgroup participants (a pretty intelligent
group) saw that line, recognized it as an attempt at humor, and found it
completely forgettable.

KB

Old November 1st 05, 05:52 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:28:36 -0800, Jerry Springer wrote:

Jason while I do respect your concern for safety I have to wonder what
it is you have ever built or what it is you fly, or your motive? There
is more to the story about the RV-3 having wing problem than many
accident reports show. Many or may I say all of the RV-3 wing failures
were do to the pilots flying them beyond their design limits. Almost
all, not all airplanes can have a wing ripped off if flown beyond their
design.

For that matter, the Fly Baby (one of the more venerable homebuilt designs) has
had more than its share of wing failures...a quarter of the total reported
accidents!

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/safety/accid.htm#an

Like the RV-3, there is a lot of builder, owner, and pilot issues involved....

The Fly Baby was another homebuilt that the FAA started issuing operating
limitations forbidding aerobatics.

Ron Wanttaja
Old November 1st 05, 06:00 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:24:28 -0500, Jason Grass wrote:

You guys are dangerous, you're writing checks your body can't cash!

That line was a joke, but I see it sailed right over your heads. I
have to admit I stole it from a recent rendition of "Iceman, the later
years". If you didn't see it you should. One of the funniest aviation
video's I've seen in a long time. A Saturday night live skit.

It was originally in "Top Gun". Aimed at Maverick, not Iceman.

http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/48252/topgun04.wav

Ron Wanttaja
Old November 1st 05, 02:01 PM
Jason Grass

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 23:31:11 -0500, "Kyle Boatright"

I'd lay odds that most of the newsgroup participants (a pretty intelligent
group) saw that line, recognized it as an attempt at humor, and found it
completely forgettable.

KB

Intelligent, but no sense of humor, hmm. yes I know the type.