zoom with hawking?

Old May 7th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Big John

Default zoom with hawking?

Did he ever get anyone to test fly his BD? Or did he just sell the
thing?

Big John

On Mon, 07 May 2007 15:52:54 GMT, Anthony W
wrote:

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

Just did a Goole search of "Hawking zero G" and read most of the articles and
looked at all the photos and guess what no zoom ...Even the group photo after
the flight had no zoom...Could it be that maybe zoom is being less then
truthfull?? Hmmmm.

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

What's really amazing is waun-abee hasn't posted here talking trash and
defending zoom. It must have gotten old having zoom's hand up his butt.

Tony

Old May 7th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Bill Chernoff" said:
Just did a Goole search of "Hawking zero G" and read most of the
articles and looked at all the photos and guess what no zoom ...Even
the group photo after the flight had no zoom...Could it be that maybe
zoom is being less then truthfull?? Hmmmm.

Of course he's not IN the picture. Being a journalist, he TOOK the picture.

And being an incredibly modest person, he gave the photo credit to
somebody else.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"I'll ask you plainly: Do you believe in an infallible power?"
Old May 7th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("TSS7" wrote)
Zoom wrote:
Folks... I've just come off one of the most extraordinary weeks of my
life. This week has been steeped in all segments of aviation -- I flew in
Zero Gravity (aboard a Boeing 727) with Professor Stephen Hawking...

James Campbell was not on board Stephen Hawking's zero-g flight.

He must mean he was in the air at the same time and pushed the nose of his
plane over and felt zero G at the same time Hawking did. Right....

I'm going to hate myself in the morning, but here goes...

Is it at all possible that Zoom is doing an EXTREMELY sloppy job of
presenting (himself in) an "everyman/every airman" persona?

It's a device you see in theatrical presentations, all the time - where the
narrator morphs into various characters along the way, to help the story
along.

Another example is this Rolling Stone's song:

http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Rol...The-Devil.html
Sympathy for the Devil lyrics

Montblack

Old May 7th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
TSS7[_2_]

For Zoomer to put such an incredible lie on his website makes me
realize he really must be psychotic, and loosing touch with reality.
What do that call that? Schizophrenic?

On Mon, 7 May 2007 14:46:50 -0500, "Montblack"
wrote:

("TSS7" wrote)

Old May 7th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans

"Timothy Sinclair" wrote

James Campbell was not on board Stephen Hawking's zero-g flight.

Not that I doubt the "correctness" of your statement, but how do you come to
this conclusion, if I may ask?
--
Jim in NC

Old May 7th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_1_]

Now you did it! He'll be back for sure now...

Anthony W wrote:
ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

Just did a Goole search of "Hawking zero G" and read most of the
articles and
looked at all the photos and guess what no zoom ...Even the group
photo after
the flight had no zoom...Could it be that maybe zoom is being less then
truthfull?? Hmmmm.

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

What's really amazing is waun-abee hasn't posted here talking trash and
defending zoom. It must have gotten old having zoom's hand up his butt.

Tony

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die
Building RV-4 (Super Slow Build Version)
Old May 7th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_1_]

Most modern cameras have a delay so the photographer could run around
the camera and insert himself (no jokes please) into the photo...

Old May 8th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

TSS7 wrote:
On Mon, 7 May 2007 19:21:46 +0200 (CEST), Timothy Sinclair
wrote:

Zoom wrote:

Folks... I've just come off one of the most extraordinary weeks of my
life. This week has been steeped in all segments of aviation -- I flew
in Zero Gravity (aboard a Boeing 727) with Professor Stephen
Hawking...

James Campbell was not on board Stephen Hawking's zero-g flight.

- Tim

He must mean he was in the air at the same time and pushed the nose of
his plane over and felt zero G at the same time Hawking did. Right....

Don't know if he was on the flight with Hawking or not but there is a
photo of Jim with Hawking in the flight suit worn during the flight.
While there are not any photos I could locate showing Jim in a flight
suit for the trip or any showing him on board, I did find a group shot
showing everyone except Jim. Since all the photos were copyrighted by
ANN, it is possible he was the one taking the photos. This time, he
might actually have been telling the truth. Hell, even a stopped
clock is right twice a day.

Check out the 4/30/07 ANN News Update.

Old May 8th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
red12049[_1_]

Take another look at that pic.... I brought it into Photoshop. Looks like
the original pic was of Hawking mainly, and the gal and Jim were both added
later. In particular, check out the left side of Hawkings' head, where the
Zero G backdrop was added, and very poorly. The whole editing job smacks of
amateurism, and yes, I've worked with Photoshop quite a bit. Bring the pic
into any editing program and just enlarge it a bit, you'll see what I mean.
Maybe this should be reported to Hawkings' people?

Red
"BobR" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old May 8th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On May 8, 4:44 am, "Morgans" wrote:
"Timothy Sinclair" wrote

James Campbell was not on board Stephen Hawking's zero-g flight.

Not that I doubt the "correctness" of your statement, but how do you come to
this conclusion, if I may ask?
--
Jim in NC

I hate to be the one to bear the bad news regarding this issue. I
did see some news coverage of the Hawking flight and zzzoom was there.
The coverage was on the Keith Olberman Countdown twice during the
short video I got a glimpse of zzzoom. He was not wearing a flight
suit but the usual zzzoom photo vest. At the end of the film in a
group picture he was on the far left side.

My guess (if you have seen him lately) the reason for him not
wearing a flight suit is that they didn't have one in a size 48 extra
fat.

Frank M.Hitlaw, at my secret world HQ

FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 352 February 18th 07 04:50 AM
Why get mad at Zoom? Bret Ludwig Home Built 1 August 10th 06 10:31 PM
Zoom Cy Galley Home Built 213 May 17th 05 01:19 AM
Zoom did it!! Dionysos Home Built 48 October 5th 04 08:57 PM