19.2 behind me...

Old October 5th 04, 08:37 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

Default 19.2 behind me...

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

Sure wish we'd get our own fuel truck soon...

Well now your talking like a true pilot.

The glow or eager anticipation is starting to wear off.

Your no longer satisfied to enjoy the beauty of the surroundings
anymore for hours on end as you wait patiently for your steed to
arrive.

From now on it's strictly..... When are WE going to get
our own fuel truck.
Old October 5th 04, 08:40 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

expect yet another couple hundred lines
of my blatherings tomorrow night...

If you blather..... they will read.
Old October 6th 04, 01:56 AM
Sean Trost

Well shiver
Who ****ed in your wheaties ?
and did zoom report it ?

Keep it comin Kevin ! I will read and live vicarously thru ya for the
moment !

All the best
Sean Trost

Old October 6th 04, 03:25 AM
Shiver Me Timbers

Sean Trost wrote:

Well shiver
Who ****ed in your wheaties ?
and did zoom report it ?

Sean.... I'm shocked.

I thought the group would get the parody on that famous line

If you build it .... they will come

If you blather..... they will read

Hey.... It worked for Kevin Costner.
Old October 6th 04, 12:27 PM
B4RT

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz *AT* adelphia *DOT* net wrote in
message ...
Got the ship preflighted ok and then had to wait for fuel for about 20
minutes. Sure wish we'd get our own fuel truck soon...

I spend a few thousand a month where I'm based and have very little patience
for
fueling delays too, but you gotta give the ramp dudes a break because their
job
get really crappy when theres half a dozen pop-up fuel orders from irritated
pilots
who all believe their flight has priority.

After a while you'll figure out that its a good idea to call the FBO before
you leave the
house and tell them to "have NXXX fueled and ready for a XX:XX departure."
Using unusual minute figures like "08:20" seems to work better because then
they might
believe that the departure time is not arbitrary. Most FBO's respond well
to instructions of
this kind. This might be difficult for you to do in the training
environment, but you can also
tell the school that you'd prefer not having your time wasted and phone the
fueling
instructions into them instead.

I always call in the fueling instructions once I land and am waiting for the
cool down
interval. This practice has its downside because I have to guess about how
much
fuel/available weight I'll need for the next flight. (Checking your other
fluid levels during
a brief postflight is a really good idea too, it'll save you a bunch of time
someday.)

Bart

Old October 6th 04, 01:55 PM
Sean Trost

well nuts,
guess I was ****in in my own wheaties. LOL
mmmnnmmnn good.
Sean

Old October 6th 04, 04:34 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

Sean Trost wrote:

well nuts,
guess I was ****in in my own wheaties. LOL
mmmnnmmnn good.

Well enjoy the meal cause even I know what it's like to
have to chow down on humble pie from personal experience.

Yummy Yum Yum.
Old October 7th 04, 11:32 AM
Beav

"Shiver Me Timbers" wrote in message
Sean Trost wrote:

Well shiver
Who ****ed in your wheaties ?
and did zoom report it ?

Sean.... I'm shocked.

I thought the group would get the parody on that famous line

At least one did, me. I could even see Kevin (the OTHER Kevin as in costner)
standing in the field!)

If you build it .... they will come

If you blather..... they will read

Hey.... It worked for Kevin Costner.