Just call me Han......

Old October 22nd 04, 04:12 AM
JIM105

Default Just call me Han......

Kevin, welcome to the club.

Been doing it since '82 or so, and still loving it.

Congratulations again,

Jim
Old October 22nd 04, 04:23 AM
Shiver Me Timbers

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

I had to chuckle at his grin as I said "You got it buddy.."

Well let me be the first in line to give you a shout out.

CONGRAAAATUUUUULAAAAATIIIIIONS

Way to go Kevin.

As an armchair pilot I can only imagine the thrill and excitement that
you must have experienced today, and for those in the group who are
pilots I'm sure your description must have brought a smile to their
faces as they remembered their first solo.
Old October 22nd 04, 02:01 PM
B4RT

Kudos Kevin!

Your 1st solo flights are the ones you'll never forget.

Keep the blue side up,

Bart

Old October 24th 04, 12:21 AM
Micbloo

Han SOLO that is.. Yep, had a "menage' a moi" with an R22 this
morning.

Congrats.

. I got the best reaction from
my dad who'd I just left in Texas yesterday as he recovered from
surgery.

I felt really good about 2
minutes ago when my 7 year old son came in as I was writing this and
asked "Daddy, how old do you have to be to fly helicopters?" I told
him he had to be at least 17 to get his license and he responded,
"When you get to be a teacher, can you teach me?"
I had to chuckle at his grin as I said "You got it buddy.."

Yeah it's moments like that that make you feel great and feel life is pretty
cool.
Hope your Dads recovery goes well.

Gerard

Old October 24th 04, 05:35 PM
Micbloo

Thanks. Spoke to him tonight. He doing very well and I'd imagine
he'll be back on his feet in another few weeks..

Very good.
Old October 27th 04, 09:41 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz *AT* adelphia *DOT* net wrote in
message ...
Han SOLO that is.. Yep, had a "menage' a moi" with an R22 this
morning.. Now to bore you with the details..

Not in the least bit boring Kev. Well done too. I'd swap places with you
right now if I could. *******!

Don't jack in the diary either, I want to see it all the way to your
licence.

Beav

Old October 30th 04, 01:33 PM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz *AT* adelphia *DOT* net wrote in
message ...
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:41:02 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz *AT* adelphia *DOT* net wrote in
message ...
Han SOLO that is.. Yep, had a "menage' a moi" with an R22 this
morning.. Now to bore you with the details..

Not in the least bit boring Kev. Well done too. I'd swap places with you
right now if I could. *******!

I get more people calling me unsavory names 'cuz I'm doing this..
heheeh

Don't jack in the diary either, I want to see it all the way to your
licence.

OK, that's scary.. I was just thinking about that last night,
wondering if I should consolidate flights, hang it aup all together or
take it all the way to my checkride..

Save all you posts, but post each episode, then combine them all into a
permanent "look back for whan you're old and senile:-)

After rereading all the "issues", I decided I'd keep going right up
until my checkride. I figure it'd be a good thing to have for some
fun lessons when I become a CFI..

And it'll help you remember that it WAS hard once (and if that doesn't work,
ask the wife:-))

Beav

Old November 5th 04, 12:29 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz *AT* adelphia *DOT* net wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:33:41 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

Save all you posts, but post each episode, then combine them all into a
permanent "look back for whan you're old and senile:-)

I've got 'em sequestered in a folder.. My dad is getting a kick out
of reading them - I send him an "issue" every so often..

After rereading all the "issues", I decided I'd keep going right up
until my checkride. I figure it'd be a good thing to have for some
fun lessons when I become a CFI..

And it'll help you remember that it WAS hard once (and if that doesn't
work,
ask the wife:-))

I've been married 13+ years. I don't she remembers anything "hard"
anymore. (Why the hell does wedding cake KILL a woman's libido?)

It's been 30 odd for me, guess how *I* feel:-))) As for wedding cake, it's
ALWAYS the last thing you should give a woman and it should be saved for the
100th birthday

Beav

Call Signs sid Naval Aviation 3 April 27th 04 09:38 PM
Naval Aviators jsmith Piloting 1 March 25th 04 02:56 PM
U.S. Navy will make port call in Vietnam Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 October 12th 03 08:03 PM
Who do you call? Travis Marlatte Piloting 4 August 21st 03 08:16 AM
"Compassion" call sign paul desruisseaux Piloting 6 July 28th 03 02:51 PM