What is that thing?

Old November 14th 03, 06:36 PM
C J Campbell

Default What is that thing?

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/winner946.jpg

What is the thing that looks like a big kettle in the foreground?

--
Christopher J. Campbell
World Famous Flight Instructor

For the Homeland!

Old November 14th 03, 06:46 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/winner946.jpg

What is the thing that looks like a big kettle in the foreground?

Looks like the forward portion of an engine nacelle.

Old November 14th 03, 06:52 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "C J Campbell" said:
http://www.avweb.com/newspics/winner946.jpg

What is the thing that looks like a big kettle in the foreground?

Maybe the engine nacelle from one of those 747s in the background?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Now there's a thought: government of the people, by the politicians,

Old November 14th 03, 07:23 PM
John E. Carty

Looks just like my ex-mother-in-laws, so to be more specific it's a Witches
Cauldron :-)

"Nasir" wrote in message
.. .
Its a Cauldron.

Old November 14th 03, 07:38 PM
Ron Smith

Let's see for personal jet:

add 2 parts beech starship (yep plenty of those on
hand.)
1 part 747 (good, good got some of those too.)
sprinkle on Lear 45 (damn, where did I put that Lear
jet!?)

--Ron.

"Nasir" wrote in message
.. .
Its a Cauldron.

Old November 14th 03, 09:28 PM
Icebound

C J Campbell wrote:
http://www.avweb.com/newspics/winner946.jpg

What is the thing that looks like a big kettle in the foreground?

Any chance it would be some sort of container-on-casters for reclaiming
the oil and/or gasoline, if they are scrapping that bunch, or are there
better ways to do that???

Old November 14th 03, 09:38 PM
comanche driver

its the front fan shroud from a jet engine......

R. Burns

"Icebound" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...

Old November 14th 03, 09:53 PM
Newps

It's the hot tub from the pilots lounge.

Old November 14th 03, 10:30 PM
Tom S.

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
http://www.avweb.com/newspics/winner946.jpg

What is the thing that looks like a big kettle in the foreground?

Beer keg?

Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Piloting 18 March 4th 05 07:22 PM
Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Owning 14 January 19th 05 10:17 PM
Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Military Aviation 9 August 31st 04 11:01 PM
SUV thing Fastglasair Home Built 4 July 12th 03 05:32 AM
Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Piloting 0 July 2nd 03 11:58 PM