Lightspeed Zulu PIREP

Old December 17th 07, 08:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Default Lightspeed Zulu PIREP

Viperdoc,

Interesting ;-) As I said, my experience differs a lot. IMHO headsets
get treated very differently across the pilot population, which is only
natural considering the wildy varying circumstances, usage patterns and
times of use. From what one can read on the internet, the older
Lightspeeds don't seem to have held up that well for "heavy (ab)users".
As I said, I found the Zulu to be at least as well constructed as the
Bose, but then I'm no expert in construction either.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 17th 07, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Interesting ;-) As I said, my experience differs a lot. IMHO headsets
get treated very differently across the pilot population, which is only
natural considering the wildy varying circumstances, usage patterns and
times of use. From what one can read on the internet, the older
Lightspeeds don't seem to have held up that well for "heavy (ab)users".

Heck, my first Lightspeeds (the 15s) used to break just hanging on the
yoke! It would work for one flight, and the next flight something
would be wrong -- for no apparent reason. We never took them out of
the plane, we never tossed them in a flightbag, or even coiled up the
cords -- they just broke.

The next generation (the XLs) were a bit better, but still too
fragile. They would break if used over any length of time.
Throughout all this, Lightspeed's customer service was impecable.
They fixed all of mine, each time, for free, no questions asked.

The 3G (third generation) models are MUCH more robust. I've had four
of them in our plane for several years now, without incident. With
their cell phone interface, bass/treble boost, auto shut-off and long
battery life, they're simply outstanding.

I'm glad I stuck with Lightspeed all the way through their early
years, and I'm looking forward to trying the Zulu.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old January 7th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
xxx

This month's Kitplane magazine has a head-to-head comparison of the
Bose and Lightspeed Zulu. They give the edge to Lightspeed, but it's
close.

Lightspeed Zulu? Marco Leon Piloting 0 October 11th 07 03:19 PM
Making the safe decision (AKA "I hate AIRMET ZULU") Paul Tomblin Instrument Flight Rules 35 October 28th 05 12:02 AM
AOPA ZULU Time Pilot watch on eBay Cecil E. Chapman Products 0 October 13th 03 06:40 PM
Lightspeed Comes Through! Jay Honeck Owning 75 August 25th 03 04:45 PM
Meaning/origin of Bravo Zulu morten lund Military Aviation 9 July 12th 03 03:44 PM