Hour building

Old June 4th 05, 02:21 PM
skybe

Default Hour building

Hi,

I'm European and I'm looking for time buiding in US. I've found that:
http://www.aussie-air.com/
Is anybody have feedbak about this flightschool ? or if you know some
serious flightschool which propose time buiding, just let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Skybe

Old June 4th 05, 05:23 PM
Chris

Never heard of then before and never seen them advertising in UK magazines.

I and many others have been to Naples Air Center who are pretty good.
http://www.naples-air-center.com/

Old June 4th 05, 05:32 PM
Mitty

Twins or singles? If singles will work for at least part of the time, I suggest
you investigate flying clubs in whatever area you find for your multi time.
They are typically 1/3 cheaper than rentals and with better, cleaner, airplanes.
But you will want to look carefully at buy-in prices, monthly dues, etc.

For example: http://clubcherokee.com/fleet.html (the rates are for tach time, so
on the Warriors & Archers that is 10-20% less than Hobbs time.)

Old June 4th 05, 08:56 PM
Mitty

Interesting. Our club is just the opposite. Our airplanes (7) are not heavily
used during the week. We would be very happy to have a short-term member who
wanted to fly a lot, especially during the week. As to abuse, nobody wants that
but I didn't infer from the original post that it was the intention.

On 6/4/2005 12:54 PM, Paul Tomblin wrote the following:
In a previous article, said:

you investigate flying clubs in whatever area you find for your multi time.
They are typically 1/3 cheaper than rentals and with better, cleaner,
airplanes.
But you will want to look carefully at buy-in prices, monthly dues, etc.

I don't know about other clubs, but if you showed up at our meetings and
said you expected to fly every day for a few months and then quit, we'd
would not accept your application. We want people who want to belong to a
club, not abuse our planes and then leave.

Old June 4th 05, 10:05 PM
skybe

Hi,

I should be grateful if you could give me some information about your club
(aircraft, price,...)

Old June 8th 05, 07:54 PM
Av8trxx

Are you hour building or flight training???

If you have your licenses & ratings already, I suggest finding a cheap
block rental price at a school or locating a good reasonable flying club.
There are several clubs in San Diego that have very reasonable rates
($70-75/hr for a 172). Check out these two large ones as a referance:

http://www.plusone.org
http://www.goldenwingsflyingclub.com/

If you are still flight training, go to this site:

www.Private2ATP.com

They have thousands of U.S. flight school listings and a message board as
well. Plus, you should also visit the message forums on these very popular
US pilot websites:

www.jetcareers.com
www.flightinfo.com

Pretty much anyone in the aviation industry here has heard of
FlightInfo.com and Jetcareers is becoming HUGE. Their boards will be very
helpful.