University of North Dakota video lessons

Old August 31st 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default University of North Dakota video lessons

In ITunes, search for "University of North Dakota".

UND has put video ground school lessons up for free! My Ipod is audio
only, but I watch the lessons on my PC. Video Ipod owners can obviously
take the video with them.

Take a look! The videos even feature commercial maneuvers.

Anit-spam disclaimer: I don't have anything to do with UND, Apple,
etc... This is posted only to share something I thought is ineteresting.

Old August 31st 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:18:06 GMT, B A R R Y
wrote in :

UND has put video ground school lessons up for free!

Here's the link:

http://www.undaerospace.com/flight.asp
UND Aerospace helps professional and aspiring aviation enthusiasts
explore the joy and science of aviation through innovative video
training topics narrated by experienced Certified Flight
Instructors. The material presented in this series should not be
used in place of actual ground or flight instruction. Consult a
Certified Flight Instructor for aviation instruction.

Has anyone got a freeware .M4V to MPEG or AVI converter? This is the
best commercial converter I have found to date:

http://www.dpsof.com/app/quicktime/quicktime.htm
QuickTime Converter is an efficient program to convert QuickTime
MOV, QT, MP4 and M4V files to AVI, DivX, Xvid, MPEG2, MPEG2, VCD,
SVCD and DVD formats. The program uses fast encoding and decoding
system to ease your realmedia conversion jobs. Program support batch
job processing.

Specifications:
- Support all QuickTime MOV, QT, MP4 and M4V files
- Batch Job Conversion
- Facility to change audio and video bitrate
- Facility to change Frame Rate and video resolutions
- Convert to VCD/SVCD/DVD/AVI/DivX/XVid/MPEG1/MPEG2
- Clear visual progress indicator
- Include NTSC or PAL optional selection

Price: $26.00. Demo version does 50% of original file.
Old September 1st 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Richard

wrote in :

UND has put video ground school lessons up for free!

Here's the link:

http://www.undaerospace.com/flight.asp
UND Aerospace helps professional and aspiring aviation enthusiasts
explore the joy and science of aviation through innovative video
training topics narrated by experienced Certified Flight
Instructors. The material presented in this series should not be
used in place of actual ground or flight instruction. Consult a
Certified Flight Instructor for aviation instruction.

Has anyone got a freeware .M4V to MPEG or AVI converter? This is the
best commercial converter I have found to date:

I have just done a test run with SUPER. Results were good.
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Old September 1st 07, 11:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
B A R R Y

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:26:11 GMT, Larry Dighera
wrote:

Has anyone got a freeware .M4V to MPEG or AVI converter?

ITunes is free, and will at least let you watch the shows.
Old September 1st 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

In rec.aviation.piloting Larry Dighera wrote:
Has anyone got a freeware .M4V to MPEG or AVI converter?

I've had reasonable luck with MediaCoder http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/ .
I don't know if it speaks .M4V, but I suspect it does or can be made to.

Matt Roberds

Old September 1st 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:41:18 -0400, john smith
wrote in :

Why not just purchase a full functioning version of QT from Apple for $30?

Frugality prevents me from needlessly discarding my dollars by making
a purchase when free tools are on-line (as they've always been in the
Unix community). I found this little tool that will play the M4V
files: http://www.soft29.com/freeware/youtube_uploader.htm . No need
to install Apple's invasive bloatware to decode their intentionally
incompatible, proprietarily encoded video. Just say no....
Old September 1st 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 13:46:09 +1200, "Richard"
wrote in :

I have just done a test run with SUPER. Results were good.
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Many thanks. SUPER looks good, but it's huge (~25 MB).
Old September 1st 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 06:25:34 -0400, B A R R Y
wrote in
:

wrote:

Has anyone got a freeware .M4V to MPEG or AVI converter?

ITunes is free, and will at least let you watch the shows.

True. But ITunes requires the installation of the latest version of
Quicktime Player which has become more of a bloated and invasive
marketing tool than a player. No thanks.
Old September 1st 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Peter Dohm

wrote:

Has anyone got a freeware .M4V to MPEG or AVI converter?

ITunes is free, and will at least let you watch the shows.

True. But ITunes requires the installation of the latest version of
Quicktime Player which has become more of a bloated and invasive
marketing tool than a player. No thanks.

There is also a product called "Quick Time Alternative" and the earlier
versions worked well, although I have not ket up to date.

Peter

Old September 1st 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 12:39:21 GMT, wrote in
:

In rec.aviation.piloting Larry Dighera wrote:
Has anyone got a freeware .M4V to MPEG or AVI converter?

I've had reasonable luck with MediaCoder
http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/ .
I don't know if it speaks .M4V, but I suspect it does or can be made to.

Matt Roberds

Thanks, Matt.

MediaCoder looks interesting. From this information in their web
site:

Supported Fomats [sic]

MP3, Vorbis, AAC, AAC+, AAC+v2, MusePack, Speex, AMR, WMA,
RealAudio, mp3PRO* FLAC, WavPack, Monkey's Audio, OptimFrog, AAC
Lossless, WMA Lossless, WAV/PCM H.264, Xvid, MPEG 1/2/4, Theora,
Flash Video, Dirac, 3ivx*, RealVideo*, Windows Media Video AVI,
MPEG/VOB, Matroska, MP4, RealMedia*, ASF, Quicktime*, OGM* CD,
VCD, DVD, CUE Sheet*

* supported as input only

It's not clear if MediaCoder can read ITunes M4V flies.

Strong Thermal in North Dakota Ray Lovinggood Soaring 1 May 13th 06 02:45 AM
GPS lesson on new look University website. Carl Aviation Marketplace 0 March 28th 04 04:57 AM
RESEARCH AT UNIVERSITY OF SURREY - WE NEED YOUR HELP!! Emily Glorney Simulators 0 November 24th 03 04:44 PM
Soaring in North Dakota Jay Soaring 2 November 23rd 03 06:43 PM
fs2004 lessons video Carl Frisk Simulators 2 October 25th 03 03:15 AM