"Long line at the gas station" - CkWyh0wXAAEhIey.jpg

Old June 9th 16, 03:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

Default "Long line at the gas station" - CkWyh0wXAAEhIey.jpg - 1 attachment - File 7 of 9 - Leading Lady.jpeg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leading Lady.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	84237
Old June 9th 16, 03:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

Default "Long line at the gas station" - CkWyh0wXAAEhIey.jpg - 1 attachment - File 8 of 9 - Madam Shoo Shoo.jpeg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Madam Shoo Shoo.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	84240
Old June 9th 16, 03:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

Default "Long line at the gas station" - CkWyh0wXAAEhIey.jpg - 1 attachment - File 9 of 9 - Our Gal Sal.jpeg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Our Gal Sal.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	84239
Old June 9th 16, 05:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

Default "Long line at the gas station" - CkWyh0wXAAEhIey.jpg - 1 attachment - File 1 of 9 - 5 Grand .jpeg (1/1)

In article , john szalay
says...

Anyone know if they're still there?...if so, I'd like to pick up a couple, fix
'em up and fly 'em.

go Warriors

Old June 9th 16, 06:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Byker

Default "Long line at the gas station" - CkWyh0wXAAEhIey.jpg - 1 attachment

"Jess Lurkin" wrote in message ...

Something befouled the picture.

All kinds of strange things have been happening ever since Microsoft decided
to install Windows 10 whether I wanted it or not.

Old June 9th 16, 07:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

Default "Long line at the gas station" - CkWyh0wXAAEhIey.jpg - 1 attachment - File 1 of 9 - 5 Grand .jpeg (1/1) - 1 attachment

Miloch wrote in
:

Anyone know if they're still there?...if so, I'd like to pick up a
couple, fix 'em up and fly 'em.

Nope . they are now in your pots & pans, and aluminium siding.

( I watched them feed a whole squadron of HAG F-86s to the furnace
in 1963, sad sight.)

those photos were of the recycle lot in Kingman Az.

"5 Grand" was was supposed to be given back to Boeing
for museum use, but she got melted down like the rest..

you can see the whole set of images, start here

Air Force Guillotine At Kingman Ariz.
(Dissembled And Reduced To Aluminum For Pans)
Date taken: April 1947
Photographer: Peter Stackpole

http://images.google.com/hosted/life...f8a5f22f5.html

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Furnace.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	84241
Old June 10th 16, 01:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Chuck

On 9 Jun 2016 02:03:40 GMT, Jess Lurkin wrote:

"Byker" wrote in
:

reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Speaking of gas stations

It stopped operating as a gas station in 1991, and has since been
associated with the adjacent restaurant.
Address: 13515 SE McLoughlin, Milwaukie, OR

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt

Byker - no offense intended. Something befouled
the picture. I did a small adjustment. Oh. And
thanks for that pic! I haven't seen before any
fortresses with that droopy turret on the front.

The one with the chin turret is the B-17G.
The turret was added in the nose due to increased
frontal attacks from the Luftwaffe, as this was the
most vunerable area up until that time. The attack was usually
initiated fron above and carried through at a shallow angle as the
fighter rolled over on the way through in order to steepen the dive as
they exited. you can usuallt sopt a G model as they were unpainted.