Transiting the Sun

Old May 15th 09, 11:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

Default Transiting the Sun

Stolen shamelessly from NASA's picture of the day website.
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/iotd.html

"Transiting the Sun
In this tightly cropped image, the NASA space shuttle Atlantis is seen in
silhouette during solar transit, Tuesday, May 12, 2009, from Florida. This
image was made before Atlantis and the crew of STS-125 had grappled the
Hubble Space Telescope.

The photographer made this image using a solar-filtered Takahashi 5-inch
refracting telescope and a Canon 5D Mark II digital camera.

Image Credit: NASA/Thierry Legault"

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	347013main_image_1354_full.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	34998
Old May 16th 09, 08:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Mackenzie

"Dave Kearton" wrote (in part):

The photographer made this image using a solar-filtered Takahashi 5-inch
refracting telescope and a Canon 5D Mark II digital camera.

I thought it might have been taken by Glen :-)

OTOH, you can see the whole aircraft

--
Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA
Old May 16th 09, 09:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
David[_7_]

On Sat, 16 May 2009 07:48:52 +0000, Mike Mackenzie wrote:

"Dave Kearton" wrote (in part):

The photographer made this image using a solar-filtered Takahashi 5-inch
refracting telescope and a Canon 5D Mark II digital camera.

I thought it might have been taken by Glen :-)

That gentleman spells his name with 2 "ll"'s, as in Glenn.

Old May 16th 09, 09:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

Mike Mackenzie wrote:
"Dave Kearton" wrote (in part):

The photographer made this image using a solar-filtered Takahashi 5-inch
refracting telescope and a Canon 5D Mark II digital camera.

I thought it might have been taken by Glen :-)

OTOH, you can see the whole aircraft

But you still can't see any wing tips. :-)

Graham
Old May 16th 09, 09:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

Dave Kearton wrote:
Stolen shamelessly from NASA's picture of the day website.

As we do. :-))

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/iotd.html

Top shot, Dave - thanks for sharing.

Graham
Old May 16th 09, 05:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Mike Mackenzie" wrote in message

I thought it might have been taken by Glen :-)

Nah. It's not a close-up.

Old May 17th 09, 01:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
arguabLEE

"Alan Erskine" wrote in news:EwBPl.11507$y61.5312
@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

Nah. It's not a close-up.

Omigawd! "It" can say something other than SPAM!

Oh wait, I remember that he also spoke months
earlier, bitching about J3's posting of shuttle
pics. Irksome said shuttle shots (and "space" shots)
were not welcome here...

I guess it all depends on whom is posting, eh stupid?.

And Irksome, don't try to defend yourself by giving
some weak-balled excuse about being only against
HOW they were posted. Irksome, you go ahead and try
that **** with me. I can easily show you to be the
liar you are (as done before).

My news service can go back about a year now in this
particular group, some groups as far back as 2005.

Are you still harassing Gus Grissom's widow, Betty?

Old May 17th 09, 10:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Sat, 16 May 2009 07:34:56 +0930, "Dave Kearton"
wrote:

Stolen shamelessly from NASA's picture of the day website.
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/iotd.html

"Transiting the Sun
In this tightly cropped image, the NASA space shuttle Atlantis is seen in
silhouette during solar transit, Tuesday, May 12, 2009, from Florida. This
image was made before Atlantis and the crew of STS-125 had grappled the
Hubble Space Telescope.

The photographer made this image using a solar-filtered Takahashi 5-inch
refracting telescope and a Canon 5D Mark II digital camera.

Image Credit: NASA/Thierry Legault"

Another image by the same photographer a day later, showing the
Shuttle, HST ~and~ wingtips!

http://spaceweather.com/swpod2009/14...f8posi50k4tv01

Bob ^,,^
Old May 17th 09, 12:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

arguabLEE wrote in
36.99:

"Alan Erskine" wrote in
news:EwBPl.11507$y61.5312 @news-server.bigpond.net.au:

Nah. It's not a close-up.

Omigawd! "It" can say something other than SPAM!

Oh wait, I remember that he also spoke months
earlier, bitching about J3's posting of shuttle
pics. Irksome said shuttle shots (and "space" shots)
were not welcome here...

I guess it all depends on whom is posting, eh stupid?.

And Irksome, don't try to defend yourself by giving
some weak-balled excuse about being only against
HOW they were posted. Irksome, you go ahead and try
that **** with me. I can easily show you to be the
liar you are (as done before).

My news service can go back about a year now in this
particular group, some groups as far back as 2005.

Are you still harassing Gus Grissom's widow, Betty?

Quick your bitchin' and post some pics
If you don't contribute then don't flame those who do
Old May 17th 09, 03:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
arguabLEE[_2_]

Clairbear wrote in news:Xns9C0E4997FE787clairbear@
198.186.192.136:

[...]

In the past 30 days, I've posted more that
Irksome has posted in his lifetime. SoSTFU