ATC Privatization, HR 2997

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 7th 17, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

Default ATC Privatization, HR 2997

My only similar incident was when I received a bill for *fuel* for my ASW-19b
from a North Carolina FBO and I had only flown it in Texas at that time.Â* It
wasn't me and I called them and told them so.Â* That was the last I heard of it.

On 10/7/2017 9:23 AM, wrote:
Just curious...Â* If any country sent me a bill for my US registered

aircraft and I'd not flown it in that country, I'd tell them politely
that it wasn't me and then ignore all further communications from them.

I agree and tried that.Â* I got followup invoices with late fees and penalties.
The US has some sort of obligation agreement to help them collect fees, so
the US gets involved too.
They eventually assigned a debt collector to harass me.
I finally had to get an attorney involved.
I spent far more money fighting it, than if I had just paid the tolls, but
then it was the "principle of the thing" and I am stubborn.

When you see how much of the money goes to the "administration" cost of
these systems, it is really sad.

My vote is for "appalling" rather than "sad," but that's a quibble, not an
argument!

I/my sailplane also once received a fuel bill from an FBO in NM. Fully
prepared to ignore any "further/perpetuating/reinforcing errors" until the end
of my natural life, I simply wrote them back it had to be an error, and why,
and never heard another word. OTOH, my wife continues to occasionally receive
dunning notices (from a collection agency) for a once unpaid (as in, late)
utility bill from long before we ever met. These receive all the attention
they deserve...

Bob W.

---
http://www.avg.com