RAAF Lincoln - broken back

Old July 24th 07, 10:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default RAAF Lincoln - broken back

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RAAF Lincoln - broken back 1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	14705  Click image for larger version

Name:	RAAF Lincoln - broken back 2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	14706
Old July 24th 07, 10:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message

Townsville by the looks of. That looks like Mt Stuart in the distance.

Old July 25th 07, 10:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Mackenzie

"Glenn" wrote (in part):

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message

Townsville by the looks of. That looks like Mt Stuart in the distance.

Yep. That's one of the long-nose maritime reconnaissance ones (10
Sqn). They were based in TVL.

--
Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA
Old July 27th 07, 02:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Mike Mackenzie" wrote in message
"Glenn" wrote (in part):

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message

Townsville by the looks of. That looks like Mt Stuart in the distance.

Yep. That's one of the long-nose maritime reconnaissance ones (10
Sqn). They were based in TVL.

For those familiar with Townsville. I used to live on Darymple road. It
later bacame Old darymple road I think.
back int the 70's and 80's. that area was not built up. We used to play in
the grass area across the road that had a lot of concrete.
It turns out that this was the old Airfield which through time moved further
down the road to where it is at Garbutt today.
I wonder looking at this photo where my old house would have been built.

In High school, I did a History assignment on Airfields around TVL. I came
up with about 5 or 6 from memory.
the only 2 I can recall now apart from the garbutt one (original position)
was the Bohle and the one directly across the road at Lavarack Barracks.
No wonder it got bombed in WW2. Lots of Military targets.

LINCOLN B.C. Mallam Naval Aviation 25 February 9th 05 05:54 AM
We buy-back broken and damaged cell-phones of all brands. Thank you! Aerobatics 0 July 3rd 04 09:37 PM
We buy-back broken and damaged cell-phones of all brands. Thank you! Soaring 0 July 3rd 04 09:37 PM
RAAF releases jet fighter back-up plan JD Military Aviation 16 June 10th 04 04:07 PM
RAAF back up to 6 Wedgetails Henry J Cobb Military Aviation 0 May 2nd 04 05:18 PM