USA - Sports Class Nats GREAT CONTEST!

Old June 26th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CLewis95

Default USA - Sports Class Nats GREAT CONTEST!

I just wanted to publicly thank the Caeser Creek Soaring Club (CCSC)
in Waynesville, Ohio and the key people listed below for a fantastic
contest. I'm already looking forward to Region 6 South at CCSC next
year!

Dick Holzwarth - Contest Manager
Andy McQuigg - Competition Director
Rolf Hegele - Contest Scorer
Ray Galloway - Contest Weather

Curt Lewis - 95
Genesis 2

Old June 26th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Hanke

Curt,

I dido those comments... Also, I think these were the fastest posting
of scores and reports that I have ever seen. Thanks again to everyone
for a great contest.

Tim Hanke
Saratoga Springs, New York

Old June 26th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Berry[_2_]

In article .com,
Tim Hanke wrote:

Curt,

I dido those comments... Also, I think these were the fastest posting
of scores and reports that I have ever seen. Thanks again to everyone
for a great contest.

Tim Hanke
Saratoga Springs, New York

On Jun 26, 12:27 am, CLewis95 wrote:
I just wanted to publicly thank the Caeser Creek Soaring Club (CCSC)
in Waynesville, Ohio and the key people listed below for a fantastic
contest. I'm already looking forward to Region 6 South at CCSC next
year!

Dick Holzwarth - Contest Manager
Andy McQuigg - Competition Director
Rolf Hegele - Contest Scorer
Ray Galloway - Contest Weather

Curt Lewis - 95
Genesis 2

Absolutely! In my opinion, the Sports Nats was an extremely well managed
contest, and that's coming from someone who is used to the habitually
well run Cordele contest. Management, tasking, scoring, and weather were
spot on. The only hang up on tasking was due to a competitor's wildly
malfunctioning radio that not only had a stuck mic, but was spewing
noise over a range of channels. This effectively prevented a desirable
task change on the last day.

The "Lime Crew" and Dick ran an efficient launch, especially considering
the limitations of the field. I'd note also that many of the line crew
are young pilot residents of CCSC. They got to see competition soaring
up close and personal. I hope it made a favorable impression on them.
They sure impressed me.

The weather was excellent (mostly), management was top notch, the food
was good, the facilities were CCSC (none better), the racers and crews
were great. Got to see a lot of old friends, made a lot of new friends.
Only landed out once. What more could one want?
Old June 28th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2007 Sports Class Nationals

Wally, Curt, Tim

We're blushing. On behalf of the whole Caesar Creek contest staff,
including, I am sure, Andy McQuigg and Ray Galloway, thanks to all of you.
It was fun for us too.

I also want to thank everyone who actually showed up for the contest. Bravo,
well done, thank you. Putting on a contest is a LOT of work, and much of it
comes at the front end, in the planning. We made special arrangements to
provide a lot of the services we provided, we really do appreciate all of
you that came out and enjoyed our gliderport.

We all agree that it was well worth the effort to see the show you guys put
on.

Thanks

Dick Holzwarth
Still Retired Contest Manager - 2007 Sports Class Nationals

Old June 28th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

On Jun 26, 12:27 am, CLewis95 wrote:
I just wanted to publicly thank the Caeser Creek Soaring Club (CCSC)
in Waynesville, Ohio and the key people listed below for a fantastic
contest. I'm already looking forward to Region 6 South at CCSC next
year!

Dick Holzwarth - Contest Manager
Andy McQuigg - Competition Director
Rolf Hegele - Contest Scorer
Ray Galloway - Contest Weather

Curt Lewis - 95
Genesis 2

I second that! It was a great contest.
Looking forward to seeing ya'll next year.

Uli Neumann
Libelle H301 'GM'

Old June 28th 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Flying in this contest has certainly been the highlight of my soaring
to date.

The contest ran like clockwork and was extremly well organized.

I made many new friends and the flying on several days was simply
incredible!

Joe Simmers "JS"

Old June 29th 07, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)

In addition to seconding the other posts, I was warmly welcomed, had a
great time and look forward to returning.

Old June 30th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jun 26, 12:27 am, CLewis95 wrote:
I just wanted to publicly thank the Caeser Creek Soaring Club (CCSC)
in Waynesville, Ohio and the key people listed below for a fantastic
contest. I'm already looking forward to Region 6 South at CCSC next
year!

Dick Holzwarth - Contest Manager
Andy McQuigg - Competition Director
Rolf Hegele - Contest Scorer
Ray Galloway - Contest Weather

Curt Lewis - 95
Genesis 2

I've been a member of CCSC for 15 years and this was the best contest
I've seen at Ceasar Creek. Also, must say that I had more fun at this
contest than any other. Partly due to great soaring weather but the
great food and smooth operation were all very significant.All the
people above and many more contributed. Makes me real proud of our
club. I also want to say that Curt Lewis is almost an honorary member.
He he has been coming here for years, many times to sit in the rain
over Memorial Day weekend. Lots of nice people from Chicago like Curt,
Ron Ridenour, Duane Eisenbeiss, Mike Shakman and others. It was great
fun seeing so many people that I know here at the creek. Come back
next year!

Jim Price - 77