US 2021 Pilot Ranking List Online

Old January 14th 21, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default US 2021 Pilot Ranking List Online

The 2021 PRL is available at http://soaringweb.org/PRL [and mirror sites].

There are always some glitches in identifying pilots from the score sheets, team members, etc, so please check things over and send along your questions and comments directly to me at

Note, that because of the cancellation of most contests during the 2020 competition season, the Rules Committee proposed a change in calculating pilot rankings. Instead of using the best ranking in the last three years, the last four years will be used until 2020 is the last of the four years.

Best wishes for a great, safe season in 2021!!

John Leibacher / 2E
Old January 14th 21, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Seaborn (A8)[_2_]

Hats off to Mr. John Leibacher.

John takes time out of his very full schedule to maintain the contest ranking lists, waypoint lists, US team lists and a host of other resources that help keep the dream alive when it comes to soaring. We tend to think all this just happens but John was one of the first to recognize the need for a central data site for what was then the new GPS waypoint files that were springing up when Dave Ellis released the Cambridge Aero GPS recorders and navigation devices. John then made this data avbailable in other compatible formats as more GPS systems became avaiable. John has been diligent over the intervening years to keep the files updated on a GLOBAL basis. He is one of the treasures and a hero of our gliding commiunity. See https://soaringweb..org/

John Seaborn A8

Old January 14th 21, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Seaborn (A8)[_2_]

Hats off to Mr. John Leibacher.

John takes time out of his very full schedule to maintain the contest ranking lists, waypoint lists, US team lists, and a host of other resources that help keep the dream alive when it comes to soaring. We tend to think all this happens, but John was one of the first to recognize the need for a central data site for the new GPS waypoint files that were springing up when Dave Ellis released the Cambridge Aero GPS recorders and navigation devices. John then made this data available in other compatible formats as more GPS systems became available. John has been diligent over the intervening years to keep the files updated on a GLOBAL basis. He is one of the treasures and a hero of our gliding community. See https://soaringweb.org/

Old January 14th 21, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hank Nixon

On Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 1:43:55 PM UTC-5, John Seaborn (A8) wrote:
Hats off to Mr. John Leibacher.

John takes time out of his very full schedule to maintain the contest ranking lists, waypoint lists, US team lists, and a host of other resources that help keep the dream alive when it comes to soaring. We tend to think all this happens, but John was one of the first to recognize the need for a central data site for the new GPS waypoint files that were springing up when Dave Ellis released the Cambridge Aero GPS recorders and navigation devices.. John then made this data available in other compatible formats as more GPS systems became available. John has been diligent over the intervening years to keep the files updated on a GLOBAL basis. He is one of the treasures and a hero of our gliding community. See https://soaringweb.org/

+1
He Da best!
UH
Old January 14th 21, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Special recognition to John for re-calculating all the rankings to include an additional year so as to compensate for the near total loss of the 2020 season. Because we did have a couple of contests in 2020 and 19 pilots achieved rankings based on those contests, it took a special effort to ensure everyone got the ranking they deserved.

Thank you John - and all the other volunteers who make all of this work for glider racing in the US.

Andy Blackburn
Chair, Contest Rules Committee
9B

Old January 15th 21, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JC Garrison

Yes -- Agree with All - Thank you very much to John

AE

Old January 16th 21, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hartley Falbaum[_2_]

On Friday, January 15, 2021 at 4:01:45 PM UTC-5, JC Garrison wrote:
Yes -- Agree with All - Thank you very much to John

AE

Hear! hear! Thanks many times over John!