"N444WD-0001.jpg" yEnc (1/1)

Old June 29th 08, 04:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_2_] Mitchell Holman[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default Why the yEnc?

"Morgans" wrote in news:uww9k.7087$hy4.5593
@newsfe02.lga:

Ron wrote:

a post with a bunch of yEnc

Ron, why all of the yEnc?

Have you not noticed that nobody ever uses that format, in this group?

It sure would be more to polite of you, to use what is considered standard
in a group.

Plus, most will not take the time to pull up your pictures.

Get Xnews. Views and decodes all formats seamlessly,
including yEnc. Plus, it's free.....

Old June 29th 08, 06:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Eric

Oh no, here goes another 3 months of whiny narrow minded ****
ants...bemoaning the evils of yenc.

--
Jim in NC

Old June 29th 08, 08:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

Default Why the yEnc? - 1 attachment

"Eric" wrote in
:

Oh no, here goes another 3 months of whiny narrow minded ****
ants...bemoaning the evils of yenc.

Oh lord NO!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg yEnc_Police.jpg (12.9 KB, 52 views)
Old June 29th 08, 08:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

Clem wrote in
. 97.136:

"Eric" wrote in
:

Oh no, here goes another 3 months of whiny narrow minded ****
ants...bemoaning the evils of yenc.

Oh lord NO!

begin 644 yEnc_Police.jpg

Attachment decoded: yEnc_Police.jpg
`
end

Ok, that was it. I couldn't resist busting a few
chops over the great yEnc debate.

I'm going back into hanger pilot mode, Bye!
Old June 29th 08, 10:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
[email protected] troy24@gmail.com is offline
Banned

Just Go!

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:26:36 -0500, Clem
wrote:

Clem wrote in
.97.136:

"Eric" wrote in
:

Old June 29th 08, 10:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Eric" wrote

Oh no, here goes another 3 months of whiny narrow minded ****
ants...bemoaning the evils of yenc.

Come up with a solution that does not involve switching newsreaders, or
screwing up the one I use.

Until you can do that, I'll take a little cheese and crackers with my wine,
please! g
--
Jim in NC

Old July 1st 08, 05:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Eric

I have been using this decoder for a couple years without ANY problems.
Easy to install, easy to use, and its FREEWARE!! What more could you want
except maybe some Pierre Robert and Muscat...cheese and wine for the
uninitiated.

"Eric" wrote

Old July 1st 08, 10:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Auld Phart

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:06:40 -0400, "Morgans" wrote:

"Eric" wrote

Oh no, here goes another 3 months of whiny narrow minded ****
ants...bemoaning the evils of yenc.

Come up with a solution that does not involve switching newsreaders, or
screwing up the one I use.

Until you can do that, I'll take a little cheese and crackers with my wine,
please! g

I hope that anything you post will be in huge bmp format!

I use an ancient out of date image viewer that will only display bmp files and I
DEMAND that all images be posted in that format :-)

You want to use a crap out of date pseudo newsreader, I want to use a crap out
of date image viewer.

Old July 1st 08, 11:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Auld Phart wrote in
:

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:06:40 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Eric" wrote

Oh no, here goes another 3 months of whiny narrow minded ****
ants...bemoaning the evils of yenc.

Come up with a solution that does not involve switching newsreaders,
or
screwing up the one I use.

Until you can do that, I'll take a little cheese and crackers with my
wine, please! g

I hope that anything you post will be in huge bmp format!

I use an ancient out of date image viewer that will only display bmp
files and I DEMAND that all images be posted in that format :-)

In no more than 16 colors, and they'd better be dithered! ;^)

Old July 2nd 08, 06:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Eric

1. I do not post in yenc.
2. I have never taken either side of the great yenc wars.
3. My statement was aimed at the complaining that is going on and on and on
and, well you get picture...not taking either side.

When yenc first started rearing its ugly head, I too was upset that I could
not see all the great pictures that were being posted. So I did what anyone
should do, I adapted. I did not want to spend any more money on software,
instead I spent about 15 minutes searching the Internet for a freeware yenc
decoder and found yproxy. For the last couple of years I have been enjoying
the great and sometimes not so great pictures in the newsgroups. And when
someone else develops another compression utility, I will adapt, search for
a decoder, and go on my way.

Life is too short to get angry over something so trivial as yenc.

"Auld Phart" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:06:40 -0400, "Morgans"

"Eric" wrote