What have we learned from all this?

Old April 12th 20, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 9:08:04 AM UTC-7, wrote:
My bad division. Late night math not my forte.
Thanks.
At least I have only one eyeball for viral admission. And glasses, when upright and outside in the world....
Hope someone gets a chuckle out of this,
Cindy

Cindy, please contact me when you get a chance.
Thanks, Jim Lee
Old April 13th 20, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Turkey Vulture

Bob, after reading many of your posts and threads, you sound like a member of the most privileged class of Americans of all time: A white, male, babyboomer.

Am I wrong?

Old April 13th 20, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Monday, April 13, 2020 at 8:20:56 AM UTC-4, Turkey Vulture wrote:
Bob, after reading many of your posts and threads, you sound like a member of the most privileged class of Americans of all time: A white, male, babyboomer.

Am I wrong?

No, on the front end of the Boomer era started in 1946 through 1964 I do believe, paid for my own education, retired, more of a libertarian than anything else, grey means nothing to me, only see things in black and white. You are incorrect about the privileged class, us in this category were children of the greatest society, hard working parents who changed the course of history by defending freedom throughout the world. They handed their work ethics down to their children. It worked for me and I handed the same ethics down to my child, it worked.
Now we probably don't have much in common except we have enjoyed a great time of flying sailplanes. I hope that you are as generous as me and give something back to the sport, I have! Bob
Old April 13th 20, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa....Â* What about:

Studied in school
Paid for own education
Worked long and hard
Never took a handout
Never defaulted on a loan
Saved and invested wisely
Made choices, favoring less expensive things with the goal of having
expensive toys
Enjoying the fruits of the above.

Huh?Â* What about that?Â* Why would you make such a silly comment
attacking a man's race, gender, and year of birth?

--
Dan, 5J
Old April 13th 20, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Branko Stojkovic

A view from your friendly neighbors to the North about wherein lies your problem.

There are two things that most of you Americans have in common, both Republicans and Democrats:

1. You make a lot of good and valid points, which is a very good thing.

2. You hardly ever concede a point made by the guy on the other side of the argument, which is a very bad thing.

In other words, there is too much number two being flung around.

Stay safe!
Branko XYU
Old April 13th 20, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Who is Bob Youngblood? And why is he stirring up trouble in the wrong forum in an already troubled time?
Old April 13th 20, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Monday, April 13, 2020 at 2:10:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Who is Bob Youngblood? And why is he stirring up trouble in the wrong forum in an already troubled time?

That would be me, just a bored old glider pilot! And You?
Old April 15th 20, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Economics question:

With near zero interest rates, does just in time stocking for things you are certain to eventually need make sense?
Old April 15th 20, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Economics question:

With near zero interest rates, does just in time stocking for things you are certain to eventually need make sense?

JIT does not work when stockpiling or replenishing, it would have taken three years on normal production to get the stockpile back up to 2009 standard.
Old April 16th 20, 06:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B[_2_]

On Monday, 13 April 2020 22:20:56 UTC+10, Turkey Vulture wrote:
Bob, after reading many of your posts and threads, you sound like a member of the most privileged class of Americans of all time: A white, male, babyboomer.

Am I wrong?

Well that does not take much of a deduction, does it turkey V?
You have pretty much described every glider pilot. (Apologies to the few that do not fit that profile.)

Cheers

Paul