New England club in need of a 2-33

Old September 12th 20, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KyleCharles

Default New England club in need of a 2-33

Our small club lost our 2-33 in a wind storm this season.

There might be a replacement candidate, but it is far away and only has a useful load of 380 lbs. Ideally we are hoping to find a good one in the Northeast USA with a higher useful load.

Just putting the feelers out. Hoping there might be one that someone was planing on selling at the end of the season.

Thanks,
Kyle

Old September 12th 20, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Friday, September 11, 2020 at 9:49:34 PM UTC-4, KyleCharles wrote:
Our small club lost our 2-33 in a wind storm this season.

What club?

Old September 12th 20, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neal Alders

Hey Kyle,
Check with Franklin Burbank. His family owned an operation in Florida, he is now the manager of Bermuda High in SC. I think his 2-33 is still for sale down here north of Orlando. Call Bermuda High and ask for Frank or Franklin. I think he has a 210Hp C-172 tow plane for sale too.
Old September 13th 20, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KyleCharles

Our club is Sanford Soaring in Sanford Maine.

Thanks Neal, I’ll look into it but Florida is pretty far away for us. We are hoping for something close enough that would not require taking a week off of work to go get it. We might not have that luxury, but are keeping our fingers crossed. At least we have a nice trailer!
Old September 14th 20, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

On Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 5:01:22 PM UTC-7, KyleCharles wrote:
Our club is Sanford Soaring in Sanford Maine.

Thanks Neal, I’ll look into it but Florida is pretty far away for us. We are hoping for something close enough that would not require taking a week off of work to go get it. We might not have that luxury, but are keeping our fingers crossed. At least we have a nice trailer!

you could try letters to current owners in the NE USA:
https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinq...=2-33&PageNo=1