OLC - Ephrata WA

Old May 27th 05, 08:07 PM
Paul M. Cordell

Default OLC - Ephrata WA

I see that the guys in Ephrata are running up the miles at a very
consistent rate. On this day in 1984 I completed my first 500K flight
and finished my Diamond Badge # 614 in Ephrata

http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/ge...p?photoid=1163

Looking forward to flying there again this summer @ the US Opens!
Old May 27th 05, 08:51 PM

Nelson, I know had 21.5 hours and 3 flights over 400 miles in his
Nimbus 4, last weekend.

Old May 28th 05, 01:40 PM
Roy Clark, B6

Nelson and his WASPs (week-day also soaring buddies) are having a good
time, buzzing around the Colunbia Basin. Week-ends, too!
It usually stays strong at Ephrata well into July past Contest time -
check out some speeds from past Region 8 contests. And, there have
been declared 500Ks done in September - without wave.
Still time to sign up for the 2005 Region 8 contest and try to wax
Nelson's behind - it will be fun, but tough. Nelson has realy been
honing his skills since bit hard by the OLC bug.
Hey, Gary - come on up - the water's fine!