Dust Devil Dash postponed one week

Old September 9th 11, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian Cant[_4_]

Default Dust Devil Dash postponed one week

The situation direct from the fireboss at 3 pm today is that the
helicopters
are continuing to operate from Mountain Valley, subduing persistent
hotspots
that are inaccessible to ground firefighters. They expect to continue this

thru Saturday, so the TFR is extremely unlikely to be lifted on Saturday
and
may well still be in place on Sunday and Monday. This forces me to
postpone
the Dust Devil Dash to Saturday 17th September.

I know this will be a problem for some of you, and if you are unable to
make
the new date I share your disappointment. I hope as many as possible will

compete this year, and all of you next year.

The Friday evening BBQ and Mark Grubb's talk will take place on Friday
evening 16th September.

For those of you who will soar from other fields this weekend, fly safe and

far and fast !

Ian

DUST DEVIL DASH Ian Cant Soaring 0 September 4th 10 09:31 PM
DUST DEVIL DASH Ian Cant Soaring 0 September 4th 10 09:12 PM
dust devil dash Philippe Athuil[_2_] Soaring 4 September 16th 09 07:19 PM
dust devil dash Philippe Athuil[_2_] Soaring 3 September 14th 09 03:19 PM
Dust Devil Dash [US] Ian Cant Soaring 2 September 15th 07 02:50 AM