Is JB Weld electrically conductive?

Old July 9th 04, 11:11 PM
Scott

Default Is JB Weld electrically conductive?

Well, IS IT (after it cures, that is)???

Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com
Building RV-4
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Old July 10th 04, 04:31 PM
Clay

Scott wrote in message ...
Well, IS IT (after it cures, that is)???

Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com
Building RV-4
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

I can not speak for JB WELD but I do know, for a fact, that BELZONA
(1111) Super Metal is not conductive. It also will not rot, shrink,
rust, or corrode.
No solvents in Super Metal and does not stink like JB Weld. Excellent
compressive and shear-adheision strength.
It will stand up avgas, mogas, or jet fuel.
It does not run off like JB WELD. I have built Belzona 1"thick on
horizontal and verticle surfaces and it stays put. Amazing stuff, to
say the least!
Old July 10th 04, 06:04 PM
Rich S.

"Scott" wrote in message
Well, IS IT (after it cures, that is)???

Doesn't appear to be. I tried measuring the resistance of a recent repair
using an autoranging ohmmeter. Even with the probes almost touching each
other, it read infinity.

Rich S.

Old July 10th 04, 07:36 PM
Jerry Springer

Clay wrote:
Scott wrote in message ...

Well, IS IT (after it cures, that is)???

Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com
Building RV-4
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

I can not speak for JB WELD but I do know, for a fact, that BELZONA
(1111) Super Metal is not conductive. It also will not rot, shrink,
rust, or corrode.
No solvents in Super Metal and does not stink like JB Weld. Excellent
compressive and shear-adheision strength.
It will stand up avgas, mogas, or jet fuel.
It does not run off like JB WELD. I have built Belzona 1"thick on
horizontal and verticle surfaces and it stays put. Amazing stuff, to
say the least!

Are you using the same JB Weld I do? I have never found it to stink or run off.
Of course I do not stick my nose right in it to see if it smells. :-)

Jerry

Old July 11th 04, 01:25 PM
Scott

Rich,

Thanks for the "field test"!!! I did find on the European JB website
that it is not conductive after set up. Dang, I need something that IS
conductive (well, not really, but it would be nice)...

Scott

Old July 11th 04, 04:25 PM
Rich S.

"Scott" wrote in message
Rich,

Thanks for the "field test"!!! I did find on the European JB website
that it is not conductive after set up. Dang, I need something that IS
conductive (well, not really, but it would be nice)...

Add a pinch of powdered Magnesium, some gunpowder, litharge and glycerin.

Rich "plugging my ears" S.

Old July 11th 04, 04:37 PM
Clay

I do not have to stick my nose in JB Weld. I find the odor offensive.
But that may just be me.
I have used a couple of varieties of JB Weld and it will work in some
situations however, if you check the product specification sheets
Belzona is much stronger mechanical properties.
Caterpiller corporation specifies Belzona for repairs in their engine
blocks.

Old July 11th 04, 07:31 PM
Anthony

"Clay" wrote in message
om...
I do not have to stick my nose in JB Weld. I find the odor offensive.
But that may just be me.
I have used a couple of varieties of JB Weld and it will work in some
situations however, if you check the product specification sheets
Belzona is much stronger mechanical properties.
Caterpiller corporation specifies Belzona for repairs in their engine
blocks.

It sounds interesting where can I find some?

Tony

Old July 11th 04, 08:07 PM
Rich S.

"B2431" wrote in message

Rich, I'd venture to say he'd like to have it conduct more than once.

Oh. The Fourth of July is over for this year I guess.

Rich "Explosive ways to lose 13 lbs. of ugly fat." S.