Another reason to fly GA...

Old July 24th 05, 11:46 AM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 07:41:11 -0600, Newps wrote:

well, let's hope it is not YOU one day standing somewhere, maybe not
understanding some orders and being shot. They will ask questions later.
And you will be marked as collateral damage; you HAVE to understand: it is
the war against terror.

I like how you conveniently miss the point the guy was a suspect

you can be a suspect in a matter of minutes. *bah*

and was
being followed and only when it looked like he was going to commit his
crime did the cops make themselves known. And then he ran.

so you know more than we know.

as London is known for all their cameras: where are the pictures from those
cams?

#m
--
The most likely way for the world to be destroyed,
most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we
Old July 24th 05, 11:48 AM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:52:06 -0700, Richard Riley wrote:

When more than one person is aiming a gun at you and yelling "Stop,
Police!" don't run away from them.

Just a thought.

hope you'll never become deaf.

#m
Old July 24th 05, 11:50 AM
Bob Noel

In article ,
Martin Hotze wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:52:06 -0700, Richard Riley wrote:

When more than one person is aiming a gun at you and yelling "Stop,
Police!" don't run away from them.

Just a thought.

hope you'll never become deaf.

what are the odds that a deaf person will start running when
a cop yells "Stop, Police!"?

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule

Old July 24th 05, 11:52 AM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:56:37 -0700, Sylvain wrote:

the local linguo should suffice; it's up to you to
learn the basics when you visit, learn how to say 'stop
police',

[1]

right after 'where is the bathroom'

*we* don't use a bathroom for _that_ [2]. we use a toilet.
see? we mean the same thing. but there are big cultural differences. And I
suspect that there are many different cultures esp. in London.

#m

[1] it is not uncommon to leave the car when stopped by police, but this is
_here_ ... you might get shot when you do this _there_.
[2] _this_ is so ugly .. one does not speak open about _this_
Old July 24th 05, 11:56 AM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 12:43:10 -0700, Sylvain wrote:

anyway:

oops.

yeah ... qoute from your link:
---snip
"This tragedy has added another victim to the toll of deaths for which the
terrorists bear responsibility."
---snap

how disgusting.

--Sylvain

#m
Old July 24th 05, 11:57 AM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:32:20 GMT, George Patterson wrote:

OK if you yell the command in 31 different languages.

If they don't understand that much English, they should go back home.

are you trying to trigger Godwin here?

George Patterson

#m
Old July 24th 05, 12:46 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 14:53:49 GMT, George Patterson wrote:

And we aren't into eye for eye.

There's nothing "eye to eye" about it. If someone goes out of their way to
convince the authorities that they are carrying a bomb and have the ability to
set it off at any time, it is not only the right but it is the *responsibility*
of the authorities to kill him as rapidly and surely as possible without
discharging the bomb. If he didn't happen to have a bomb, his actions simply
make him a candidate for the Darwin award.

after reading http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4711021.stm
what do you mean? collateral damage?

George Patterson

#m
Old July 24th 05, 12:54 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 06:50:09 -0400, Bob Noel wrote:

When more than one person is aiming a gun at you and yelling "Stop,
Police!" don't run away from them.

Just a thought.

hope you'll never become deaf.

what are the odds that a deaf person will start running when
a cop yells "Stop, Police!"?

hu?

in this context (with the reply postings): beeing deaf and running to the
tube in a hurry, wanting to catch the next one. Then you have not uniformed
(?) police running behind you. what do you mean? maybe they also want to
catch the tube?

yes, the person shot (killed) by police was not deaf (AFAIK). It was only
an idea of how easy one could be a victim.

#m
Old July 24th 05, 01:43 PM
Matt Whiting

Martin Hotze wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:56:37 -0700, Sylvain wrote:

the local linguo should suffice; it's up to you to
learn the basics when you visit, learn how to say 'stop
police',

[1]

right after 'where is the bathroom'

*we* don't use a bathroom for _that_ [2]. we use a toilet.
see? we mean the same thing. but there are big cultural differences. And I
suspect that there are many different cultures esp. in London.

When I lived in England in the 80's it was a loo or a crapper. Never
heard toilet used...

Matt
Old July 24th 05, 02:00 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:43:44 GMT, Matt Whiting wrote:

When I lived in England in the 80's it was a loo or a crapper. Never
heard toilet used...

see? you put "here" as Europe (and everything over there is all the same).

here != England

#m