video - Building an RV4 in 4500 hours

Old August 13th 07, 06:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell

Default video - Building an RV4 in 4500 hours

Interesting video. Building an RV4 in 4500 hours, presented in 10 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLOzOpy1iY&NR=1

Old August 14th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Aug 12, 11:38 pm, "Maxwell" wrote:
Interesting video. Building an RV4 in 4500 hours, presented in 10 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLOzOpy1iY&NR=1

The guy must have the European market on Clecos cornered!! Bill Hale

Old August 15th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

wrote:
On Aug 12, 11:38 pm, "Maxwell" wrote:
Interesting video. Building an RV4 in 4500 hours, presented in 10 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLOzOpy1iY&NR=1

The guy must have the European market on Clecos cornered!! Bill Hale

Unless he's planning on building another aircraft I bet he could make
someone a deal on slightly used clecoes.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old August 15th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
JohnO

On Aug 15, 8:52 am, "
wrote:
On Aug 12, 11:38 pm, "Maxwell" wrote:

Interesting video. Building an RV4 in 4500 hours, presented in 10 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLOzOpy1iY&NR=1

The guy must have the European market on Clecos cornered!! Bill Hale

Heh!

When I see stories like this it just confirms my belief that I will
never build a homebuilt!

4500 hours? In that time I could earn enough after tax to buy a very
nice certified R44 or IFR light twin! And doing my day job I'm less
likely to make fatal mistakes, inhale solvent or cut off fingers on a
bandsaw!

However all fun comments aside, I have a ton of admiration for the
builder in the vid - what a beautiful job.

Old August 15th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rich S.[_1_]

"JohnO" wrote in message
ups.com...

4500 hours? In that time I could earn enough after tax to buy a very
nice certified R44 or IFR light twin! And doing my day job I'm less
likely to make fatal mistakes, inhale solvent or cut off fingers on a
bandsaw!

Don't forget gluing your head to the floor.

Rich "I did it for the fun" S.

Old August 15th 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
J.Kahn

wrote:
On Aug 12, 11:38 pm, "Maxwell" wrote:
Interesting video. Building an RV4 in 4500 hours, presented in 10 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLOzOpy1iY&NR=1

The guy must have the European market on Clecos cornered!! Bill Hale

Most builders use WAY too many. Every 4th hole is enough.
Old August 15th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell

"Maxwell" wrote in message
news
Interesting video. Building an RV4 in 4500 hours, presented in 10 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLOzOpy1iY&NR=1

Isn't that about twice the average number of hours usually required to build
an RV4? What is the average, anyone know?

Old August 15th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

Maxwell wrote:
"Maxwell" wrote in message
news
Interesting video. Building an RV4 in 4500 hours, presented in 10
minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLOzOpy1iY&NR=1

Isn't that about twice the average number of hours usually required
to build an RV4? What is the average, anyone know?

He spent a lot of time taking pictures.

Old August 15th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Gig 601XL Builder" wrote)
Isn't that about twice the average number of hours usually required to
build an RV4? What is the average, anyone know?

He spent a lot of time taking pictures.

And learning how to edit and post them using:

Win 3.1
95
98
98SE
ME
XP

....Vista

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLOzOpy1iY&NR=1
Oh wait, 2002-2007 ...Nevermind.

Paul-Mont

Old August 15th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John T[_1_]

I don't think the -4 comes pre-punched, so he would have had to layout
and drill all the holes. I could be wrong though.

Even then, that sounds a little high. Perhaps he's just one of those
persnickity (anal?) builders who has to have everything just right.

Maxwell wrote:
"Maxwell" wrote in message
news
Interesting video. Building an RV4 in 4500 hours, presented in 10 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLOzOpy1iY&NR=1

Isn't that about twice the average number of hours usually required to build
an RV4? What is the average, anyone know?

Video of building a plane in the air Jim Logajan Home Built 1 November 20th 06 10:43 PM
building up hours DomDomDom Piloting 25 April 18th 05 04:31 AM
VIDEO: Frecce Tricolore collides over Ramstein - a new head on video Montblack Piloting 1 February 12th 05 04:03 AM
IFR: How many hours did it take you? STICKMONKE Instrument Flight Rules 28 September 29th 04 05:48 PM
...and the hours keep building.. JIM105 Rotorcraft 1 September 18th 04 02:03 AM