Tijuana question

Old January 5th 09, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tri-Pacer[_2_]

Default Tijuana question

I'm down in San Diego for a while. When I was stationed here as a Marine in
the 60s I took my car down to TJ to get the seats recovered. They did a
bangup job for few bucks.

I have an older plane that is covered by CAR 3 where the interior fabric
only has to meet flash resistance. Modern automotive interior materials meet
this requirement. I'm thinking of obtaining the material here in the US and
taking my seats to TJ to be recovered. Has anyone done this? I'd sure like
to hear about it if so.

Thanks

Paul

N1431A

KSDM

Old January 5th 09, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Jan 4, 6:44*pm, "Tri-Pacer" no wrote:
I'm down in San Diego for a while. When I was stationed here as a Marine in
the 60s I took my car down to TJ to get the seats recovered. They did a
bangup job for few bucks.

I have an older plane that is covered by CAR 3 where the interior fabric
only has to meet flash resistance. Modern automotive interior materials meet
this requirement. I'm thinking of obtaining the material here in the US and
taking my seats to TJ to be recovered. Has anyone done this? I'd sure like
to hear about it if so.

Thanks

Paul

N1431A

KSDM

Do some research on the civil situation first. While it may be your
typical news story (If it bleeds, it leads) there have been reports of
dangers to tourists recently. FWIW

Rich S.
Old January 13th 09, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Sliker[_3_]

I lived in San Diego in the late 70's early 80's and I thought of the
same thing. I went to the local fabric store and bought the fabric for
the seats, but I ended up finding a guy that lived in National City
that sewed it all up for me just as cheap as if I'd gone over the
boarder. It came out great. It was the seats in my Grumman Traveler
where the fabric had worn out. So you might find some local labor that
can do the job just as well without having to deal with the boarder.
If you have a certified plane, I've heard of a fabric spray you an
apply to fabric that supposed to make it meet the fire standards for
aircraft interior fabrics.
Rich

Old January 14th 09, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

[...]

I have read/heard the same from enough to be convinced that it's true; and
any of the better known suppliers, such as Wicks and Aircraft Spruce, should
be able to supply the stuff. Someone at EAA should probably know as well.

Peter

STF question Ramy Soaring 42 March 21st 08 12:55 PM
I want to ask you the most important question of your life. The question is: Are you saved? It is no gasman Soaring 0 August 26th 05 06:39 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Excelsior Home Built 0 April 22nd 05 01:11 AM
DP Question My name Instrument Flight Rules 1 September 8th 03 02:30 AM