Flyin' (sky)Ferraris OR The media is catching on...

Old September 14th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
wright1902glider

Default Flyin' (sky)Ferraris OR The media is catching on...

Looks like our old friend Paul is at it again. Reminds me a lot of the
contractor-guy in that movie "The Money Pit". (When will my house be
done? Oh, in about two weeks!) Right. And Jerry Lewis said that we
were only a few years away from a cure for MD. That was in 1977.

At least the reporter mentioned that Moller International has never
actually produced a flying car despite being in business for 25 years.
The press might finally be catching on.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/11/m...066x1200521118

MY plan for a flying car:

1 Shorts Skyvan + 1 Geo Metro = Flying Car

Done.

Harry Frey
Old September 14th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, wright1902glider said:
The press might finally be catching on.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/11/m...066x1200521118

The end quote is good:

"Word is they're currently seeking more wealthy Russian businessmen who
apparently have no sense."

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"American 999, Heathrow Approach. Descend and maintain 4,000 feet, QNH 1011."
Old September 14th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bill Daniels

"wright1902glider" wrote in message

MY plan for a flying car:

1 Shorts Skyvan + 1 Geo Metro = Flying Car

Done.

Harry Frey

1 Shorts Skyvan = flying 1-car garage.

Lets scale this down for a 500 lb motorcycle.

Bill Daniels

Old September 14th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Kuykendall

On Sep 14, 9:06*am, "Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote:

Lets scale this down for a 500 lb motorcycle.

Thanks to Paul Hanson, I can point you to this belly pod for the RV-10
airplane that carries a small motorcycle:

http://www.gizmag.com/motopod-rv-10-...ur-plane/9798/

I'm helping a friend develop a smaller belly pod for RV-8 that will
carry a pair of bicycles.

Thanks, Bob K.
Old September 14th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bill Daniels

"Bob Kuykendall" wrote in message
On Sep 14, 9:06 am, "Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote:

Lets scale this down for a 500 lb motorcycle.

Thanks to Paul Hanson, I can point you to this belly pod for the RV-10
airplane that carries a small motorcycle:

http://www.gizmag.com/motopod-rv-10-...ur-plane/9798/

I'm helping a friend develop a smaller belly pod for RV-8 that will
carry a pair of bicycles.

Thanks, Bob K.

Very cool. This shows that even a small light aircraft can carry a
respectable motorcycle.

However, I don't think I'd want to be on that bike during rush hour on say,
the 405 in Los Angeles. My Kawasaki ZG1000 weighs ~600 pounds
See:
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...0_concours.htm

Those panniers can carry a weeks clothing for two.

My dream is to have a long distance capable motorcycle in a single engine
light airplane that could do 1000 miles unrefueled. That would allow some
serious surface trips from any airport.

Thanks, Bill D

F6F from USS Yorktown makes an emergency landing on USS Matanikau - catching #3 Dave Kearton Aviation Photos 0 March 2nd 07 09:18 AM
oshkosh flyin Kevin Simulators 1 July 31st 06 12:49 AM
AVIATIONTOOLBOX: catching up for the new year Kyler Laird General Aviation 0 January 3rd 05 05:08 PM
flyin destination in AR? Michelle P Piloting 0 August 11th 04 02:37 PM
4n0 Flyin today... Warren & Nancy Home Built 0 August 16th 03 03:04 PM