Harbor Freight Support group

Old August 8th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Harbor Freight Support group

I have been considering starting a support group for people with a
likewise addiction to my own. The day Harbor Freight moved into my
town, my life was changed. It was easy to avoid it when it was online.
I know other stores have impulse items by the checkout, but this damn
place is filled with impulse items. Really. Who can resist a 32 piece
screwdriver set fot $5. oh wait... that is a good deal on shrink
tubing. who cares if I already have some... how many pairs of $.99
utility scissors does one REALLY need?
I need help. I just bought a welder, but was back the next day for
accessories.
Old August 8th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

It could be worse! I made the horrible mistake of taking my wife to
HF one time. Not only did she buy more than I did, she now gets
****ed if I go without her.

Old August 8th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

I made that mistake too and I thought it was bad when I took my daughter.

We have a small store about 3 miles away and a bigger one about 15. I'm
not taking my wife to the bigger store...

Tony

Old August 8th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 11:22:37 -0700 (PDT), BobR wrote:

It could be worse! I made the horrible mistake of taking my wife to
HF one time. Not only did she buy more than I did, she now gets
****ed if I go without her.

Huh, you think THAT'S bad? Every month or so I go past my wife's workbench and
say, "Hey, that's a neat tool, where?...Oh." Then I have to go to HF myself to
pick up my own. :-)

Ron Wanttaja
Old August 8th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

A cardboard sign is affixed to the outer door of the Baptist Church
recreation room. The sign reads: 'HFA - 7pm'

Inside the air is thick with cigarette smoke. Everyone is sucking on
cups of heavily sugared coffee to go with their jelly donuts.

Newbie stands nervously and says, "Hello. My name is Bob and I'm a
Harbor Freightaholic."

The crowd responds: "Hi, Bob."

"It's been THREE DAYS since I bought anything from Harbor Freight."

Applause, interspersed with: "Waytago, Bob!" "One day at a time,
Bro." "You can do it!"
Old August 9th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Oh thank Gawd, I thought I was the only one who had to keep their wife
in check at HF. Now if I could just keep her away from Elliots
Hardware. You would not believe the nuts, screws, and bolt selection
that place has.

Anthony W wrote:
Count me in. In addition to the tools I get there, on my last trip over
there I bought 4 stunt kites for only 7 bucks each. Now I can hardly
wait to take my grandkids to the beach...

Tony

Old August 9th 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

On Aug 8, 2:57*pm, " wrote:
A cardboard sign is affixed to the outer door of the Baptist Church
recreation room. *The sign reads: *'HFA *- 7pm'

Inside the air is thick with cigarette smoke. *Everyone is sucking on
cups of heavily sugared coffee to go with their jelly donuts.

Newbie stands nervously and says, "Hello. *My name is Bob and I'm a
Harbor Freightaholic."

The crowd responds: *"Hi, Bob."

"It's been THREE DAYS since I bought anything from Harbor Freight."

Applause, interspersed with: "Waytago, Bob!" *"One day at a time,
Bro." *"You can do it!"

Your timing and comedy are right on... Continue keeping us all
entertained please sir....

Ben
www.haaspwerair.com..

Ps, HF has stuff I didn't even know I needed. GG
Old August 9th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

ET wrote:

CRAP!

Stunt kits for $7....

Put me down for 2, but it's going to cost me $150... cause of the rest of
the crap that is going to end up in my basket...

No ****, only 7 bucks each. I was tempted to buy the other 5 they had
on the shelf. When my daughter was little, she wanted a stunt kite but
back then I was in college, dirt poor and the damn things were 60 bucks
and up.

Oh and I bought an air brush and a couple of uncle fester clamps too.
It's a good thing they don't have the larger store closer to where I live.

Tony