Harbor Freight Support group

Old August 9th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tom Wait

Default Harbor Freight Support group

"BobR" wrote in message
Oh thank Gawd, I thought I was the only one who had to keep their wife
in check at HF. Now if I could just keep her away from Elliots
Hardware. You would not believe the nuts, screws, and bolt selection
that place has.

Which store does she frequent? There are four of them you know. Muskego,
West Allis, Pewaukee and of course, Elm Grove. For a case of 50w Areoshell,
I wont tell her. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Satan

Old August 9th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Fry

"BobR" == BobR writes:

BobR It could be worse! I made the horrible mistake of taking my
BobR wife to HF one time. Not only did she buy more than I did,
BobR she now gets ****ed if I go without her.

It could be worser! One HF here is next to a Dollar Store! Redneck's
shopping mall....
--
I don't like small birds. They hop around so merrily outside my
window, looking so innocent. But I know that secretly, they're
Old August 10th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Kyle Boatright

wrote in message
I have been considering starting a support group for people with a
likewise addiction to my own. The day Harbor Freight moved into my
town, my life was changed. It was easy to avoid it when it was online.
I know other stores have impulse items by the checkout, but this damn
place is filled with impulse items. Really. Who can resist a 32 piece
screwdriver set fot $5. oh wait... that is a good deal on shrink
tubing. who cares if I already have some... how many pairs of $.99
utility scissors does one REALLY need?
I need help. I just bought a welder, but was back the next day for
accessories.

You people are such a bad influence. I don't *need* any more tools. In
fact, I have a couple of really nice ones that I have not even had the
opportunity to use. But after reading this thread, I'm compelled to visit
Harbor Freight. I've been eyeballing the mini-lathes for a while and
probably need to go by and run my hands over one. Luckily, I can't carry a
lathe right now, so I'm not likely to buy one tomorrow...

But some $1.99 straps? Man, I need me a dozen or so of those.

Another good item for the next time you're there... They sell a $12
rechargable free-flight airplane. They fly surprisingly well and get stuck
in trees just the same as the old rubber band powered ones. And getting
them out of the trees is just as likely to tear 'em up...

Old August 10th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Aug 8, 1:57 pm, " wrote:
A cardboard sign is affixed to the outer door of the Baptist Church
recreation room. The sign reads: 'HFA - 7pm'

Inside the air is thick with cigarette smoke. Everyone is sucking on
cups of heavily sugared coffee to go with their jelly donuts.

Newbie stands nervously and says, "Hello. My name is Bob and I'm a
Harbor Freightaholic."

The crowd responds: "Hi, Bob."

"It's been THREE DAYS since I bought that $13 half-inch air nibbler from HF. Nothing since."

The crowd cries, "HOW much? $13? What a deal! Is that sale still on?
It's not closing time yet!" And they all scramble out to their cars,
while Bob, who of course already has a half-inch air drill, eats the
rest of the jelly donuts...

Dan
Old August 10th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve

wrote in message
I have been considering starting a support group for people with a
likewise addiction to my own. The day Harbor Freight moved into my
town, my life was changed. It was easy to avoid it when it was online.
I know other stores have impulse items by the checkout, but this damn
place is filled with impulse items. Really. Who can resist a 32 piece
screwdriver set fot $5. oh wait... that is a good deal on shrink
tubing. who cares if I already have some... how many pairs of $.99
utility scissors does one REALLY need?
I need help. I just bought a welder, but was back the next day for
accessories.

Yea, but the worst part is those super coupon deals they email you every
Tuesday and Thursday!
I mean - who can resist THOSE deals????????

Old August 10th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

On Aug 9, 10:15*am, "Tom Wait"
wrote:
"BobR" wrote in message

Oh thank Gawd, I thought I was the only one who had to keep their wife
in check at HF. *Now if I could just keep her away from Elliots
Hardware. *You would not believe the nuts, screws, and bolt selection
that place has.

Which store does she frequent? There are four of them you know. Muskego,
West Allis, Pewaukee and of course, Elm Grove. For a case of 50w Areoshell,
I wont tell her. *HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Satan

Didn't even know about those four, I was talking about the one in
Dallas. Thank goodness, it is very close to where I work and I can
slip in there on a lunch break. I usually catch a little flack for
going without her but she gets over it...eventually.
Old August 10th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

OMG, I'm not alone!

My wife calls it "Daddys Toy Store" and anytime the kids are in the
car I would say "I got to stop by my toy store" and they would be like
OH DAD!!! we don't want to go!! My wife isn't so bad, she wants to get
out at some point, the kids at some point find something in the store
they want, it sure was smart of them to have toy specials in the
store.

What keeps me in check? Need parts for my plane project, hence "Do I
get this new BLANK or do I get Blank for the plane" the problem is
sometimes they are interrelated, hence I need it for the plane, just
not yet LOL.

Joe
Old August 10th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Aug 10, 8:45*am, wrote:
OMG, I'm not alone!

My wife calls it "Daddys Toy Store" and anytime the kids are in the
car I would say "I got to stop by my toy store" and they would be like
OH DAD!!! we don't want to go!! My wife isn't so bad, she wants to get

This is great. I would drag my then 7 year old along, (now almost
11),
and after she had exhausted all the dinosaur and car kits and the
kites,
and the bingo machine (great coupon special at $5.99, we use it a
lot),
one day I told her she could surely find something here for up to $10,
and she came bouncing over to me with a smile saying daddy I want
this pogo stick! It was the big plastic accordian type plunger, and
the
kids just had a blast with it. When they tired of it I had an extra
plunger.
It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Now when I get the coupons each week I print only the ones I really
want, then only put the ones I need in my car, and try to leave some
of
them behind when I go into the store. I went out to the garage and
counted at least 11 things that I've never yet opened.
But I'm sure one day I will need them... Right?

Steve

Old August 11th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Copperhead144

My wife was raised by a father who had her helping him tear down and
rebuild car's and farm equipment, so she know's her way around tools
and hardware stores. We both know to stay away from HF unless we
really need something, but that doesn't stop one or the other of us
from going into HF when a new sale flyer comes out. We hadn't been
married a week when she'd reorginized all of my tools and declaired
them "her's". Now she has her own set of tools and I have my own set
to, we even carry basic tools in our vehicles, so I guess you could
say that buying at HF on sale day's has allowed me to maintain my
marriage and sanity. Not everything came from HF but enough to need a
support group for sure!

Old August 11th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

It doesn't seem like you have a REAl problem. I too bought 4 stunt
kites, but I don't have grandchildren/children or even any friends.
I bought 4 just because it was a really good deal. I need help. I
can't wait to get my 1 week chip.

The first liar doesnt have a chance here...

On Aug 8, 3:01*pm, ET wrote:
Anthony W wrote innews:Se1nk.458$_H1.259@trnddc05:

Count me in. *In addition to the tools I get there, on my last trip over
there I bought 4 stunt kites for only 7 bucks each. *Now I can hardly
wait to take my grandkids to the beach...

Tony

wrote:
I have been considering starting a support group for people with a
likewise addiction to my own. The day Harbor Freight moved into my
town, my life was changed. It was easy to avoid it when it was online.
I know other stores have impulse items by the checkout, but this damn
place is filled with impulse items. *Really. Who can resist a 32 piece
screwdriver set fot $5. oh wait... that is a good deal on shrink
tubing. who cares if I already have some... how many pairs of $.99
utility scissors does one REALLY need?
I need help. I just bought a welder, but was back the next day for
accessories.

CRAP! *

Stunt kits for $7....

Put me down for 2, but it's going to cost me $150... cause of the rest of
the crap that is going to end up in my basket...
--
-- ET :-)

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something
fools."---- Douglas Adams- Hide quoted text -