Harbor Freight Support group

Old August 11th 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Default Harbor Freight Support group

I dunno, I went there on Saturday and I didn't even need anything. I
bought a hand crank iPod charger for my daughter and one of those 5th
hand gizmos with a magnifying glass. I also fund a set of drill stops
for 3 bucks... Next time I'm going to go to the bigger store across town...

Tony

wrote:
It doesn't seem like you have a REAl problem. I too bought 4 stunt
kites, but I don't have grandchildren/children or even any friends.
I bought 4 just because it was a really good deal. I need help. I
can't wait to get my 1 week chip.

The first liar doesnt have a chance here...

On Aug 8, 3:01 pm, ET wrote:
Anthony W wrote innews:Se1nk.458$_H1.259@trnddc05:

Count me in. In addition to the tools I get there, on my last trip over
there I bought 4 stunt kites for only 7 bucks each. Now I can hardly
wait to take my grandkids to the beach...
Tony
wrote:
I have been considering starting a support group for people with a
likewise addiction to my own. The day Harbor Freight moved into my
town, my life was changed. It was easy to avoid it when it was online.
I know other stores have impulse items by the checkout, but this damn
place is filled with impulse items. Really. Who can resist a 32 piece
screwdriver set fot $5. oh wait... that is a good deal on shrink
tubing. who cares if I already have some... how many pairs of $.99
utility scissors does one REALLY need?
I need help. I just bought a welder, but was back the next day for
accessories.

CRAP!

Stunt kits for $7....

Put me down for 2, but it's going to cost me $150... cause of the rest of
the crap that is going to end up in my basket...
--
-- ET :-)

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something
fools."---- Douglas Adams- Hide quoted text -

Old August 11th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

After reading this thread I am both saddened and delighted that the
closest HF store is two hours away from me.

And I didn't even know it was there until this thread made me realize
that HF wasn't just a catalog.

Now I am very scared what will happen the next time I go to Little Rock.
Old August 12th 08, 09:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bruce A. Frank

I thought it was bad that Home Depot was running this radio ad:

Where are we going Dad? Home Depot. What are you going to get? I don't
know, I'll figure it out when we get there!

Recently I am discovering that if I take my wife, my trips take three
times as long...didn't know she was interested in this stuff.

Lucky for me HF is 20 minutes away and it is a very small store. Home
Depot is only 3 minutes away. I need help. It takes less time to go to
HD and buy another tool that to try to find the one I know I have
somewhere. I have 5 measuring tapes and 6 of the reversible tip screw
drivers...and I still can't find one when I need it!
Old August 12th 08, 11:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

It takes less time to go to
HD and buy another tool that to try to find the one I know I have
somewhere. I have 5 measuring tapes and 6 of the reversible tip screw
drivers...and I still can't find one when I need it!

You should thank China for that. You couldn't say that if you
would buy American.
Lou
Old August 12th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

I know the feeling about those lost screwdrivers and tape measures.
Try to resist buying another one though. Just remember, you will
always find that missing tool in the last place you look. The secret
is to always look there first. BFG