FAA 'Airplane Flying Handbook' online?

Old April 20th 04, 08:26 PM
Captain Wubba

Default FAA 'Airplane Flying Handbook' online?

Howdy. Does anyone know if a copy of the FAA's 'Airplane Flying
Handbook' (FAA-8083-3) is available online in a PDF or HTML version
anywhere? The book it replaces (The old Flight Training Handbook, AC
61-21) was available for download on the FAA's AC site, but I can't
find the new book except in printed book form. Anybody know where it
might be, or if the FAA is even going to make it availabe in
electronic format?

Thanks,

Cap
Old April 21st 04, 08:04 AM
Dieter Kleinschmidt

Captain Wubba wrote:

Howdy. Does anyone know if a copy of the FAA's 'Airplane Flying
Handbook' (FAA-8083-3) is available online in a PDF or HTML version
anywhere? The book it replaces (The old Flight Training Handbook, AC
61-21) was available for download on the FAA's AC site, but I can't
find the new book except in printed book form. Anybody know where it
might be, or if the FAA is even going to make it availabe in
electronic format?

Thanks,

Cap

I found it at:

http://www.aopa.org/members/files/fl...ical_knowledge

May be you have to be a member to get there.

cheers,
Dieter
Old April 21st 04, 02:31 PM
Captain Wubba

Dieter Kleinschmidt wrote in message ...
Captain Wubba wrote:

Howdy. Does anyone know if a copy of the FAA's 'Airplane Flying
Handbook' (FAA-8083-3) is available online in a PDF or HTML version
anywhere? The book it replaces (The old Flight Training Handbook, AC
61-21) was available for download on the FAA's AC site, but I can't
find the new book except in printed book form. Anybody know where it
might be, or if the FAA is even going to make it availabe in
electronic format?

Thanks,

Cap

I found it at:

http://www.aopa.org/members/files/fl...ical_knowledge

May be you have to be a member to get there.

cheers,
Dieter

Thanks, Dieter, I appreciate the help. That is a great resource...but
unfortunately for me, that is the 'Handbook of Aeronautical
Knowledge', which is a different FAA publication. Too many
'handbooks', I know Still looking for the different 'Airplane
Flying Handbook'.

Thanks,

Cap
Old April 21st 04, 04:47 PM
Bob Moore

(Malcolm Teas) wrote
However, 8083-3 isn't up yet. This is despite the fact that their own
list of handbooks (available at the same URL above) shows it as
available.

Well..8083-3 IS available somewhere on the net, I cut from it and
pasted to this forum just last week in the thread about turns. I
don't recall now where I found it and my history file is not
available since I re-installed everything Monday.

Bob Moore
Old April 21st 04, 05:10 PM
C J Campbell

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 8...
(Malcolm Teas) wrote
However, 8083-3 isn't up yet. This is despite the fact that their own
list of handbooks (available at the same URL above) shows it as
available.

Well..8083-3 IS available somewhere on the net, I cut from it and
pasted to this forum just last week in the thread about turns. I
don't recall now where I found it and my history file is not
available since I re-installed everything Monday.

Bob Moore

The one on-line site I could find had no illustrations and was poorly
formatted.

Old April 21st 04, 05:13 PM
alexy

alexy wrote:

(Captain Wubba) wrote:

Howdy. Does anyone know if a copy of the FAA's 'Airplane Flying
Handbook' (FAA-8083-3) is available online in a PDF or HTML version
anywhere? The book it replaces (The old Flight Training Handbook, AC
61-21) was available for download on the FAA's AC site, but I can't
find the new book except in printed book form. Anybody know where it
might be, or if the FAA is even going to make it availabe in
electronic format?

Thanks,

Cap

google on 8083-3 pdf found this site:
http://www.alphatrainer.com/handouts/8083-3.PDF

Whoops! That is only excerpts.

--
Alex

Routine Aviation Career Guy Alcala Military Aviation 0 September 26th 04 12:33 AM
Bruce Carr story JD Military Aviation 1 October 7th 03 12:04 AM
WW2 Story Mike Marron Military Aviation 2 September 15th 03 05:45 PM
WW2 Story Mike Marron Military Aviation 1 September 1st 03 10:25 PM